1

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

I rolled over to look at my alarm clock which read 2:30 am.

Ever since I started my grandiose adventure into discovering myself in a new city, I failed to realize how much money it took to  live in New York. I had an average job as a telemarketer which barely paid the bills so I had to pick up a second job as a barista at a place called 'Helevicta.'

My apartment was decent but definitely no penthouse. A bedroom and small bathroom was enough for me.

Ever since the I moved in a week ago, I've met no one. No friends, no daily family calls to check if I was okay, just me alone in my shitty apartment. The great thing about my apartment, sorry let me correct myself, the worst thing about my apartment is having 1 particular loud neighbor who doesn't seem to care about others who need to work in the morning.

I swear this guy never learns. Of course I wouldn't be the one to confront him about the noise, but after a week of having to hear moans and groans, I think I'm entitled to be annoyed by now.

"Oh fuck! Right there Adam!"

Okay so I have a name. Adam.

I take this as my cue and throw on some sweatpants before heading out my door to get my point across. Pff. Adam. Sounds like a skinny douchebag who can't even get a woman to cum correctly.

I walked towards his door which was across from mine and started pounding on it and I didn't care about all my other neighbors either because I bet they felt the same way too. Hopefully.

"HEY COULD YOU KEEP YOUR GROANS TO YOURSELF? SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO WORK FOR A LIVING! THIS ISN'T A CLUB FOR GOD'S SAKE!"

Suddenly the door opened and a very large, wide man came to the door. He was shirtless, sweat glistening off of his stomach, sweatpants hanging loosely from his waist to where I can trace out his v line and happy trail.

"Why are you pounding on my door at 2:30 am?"

My ears picked up to a deep brooding voice and I trailed my eyes the mans face. He was definitely attractive but was he my type? I was never one of those girls who liked to get too attached. His raven locks were pushed to the side messily. His jawline and nose were definitely what stuck out along with his goatee. Dark eyes with furrowed eyebrows. Moles and freckles over his face along with pink lips with a faint red lipstick mark etched over them.

"You're staring."

I shook my head and snapped out of it, "keep the noise down would ya? Some people have work in the morning."

I went to walk away when I heard his comment and stopped in my tracks.

"What are you? Neighborhood patrol?"

I felt my cheeks getting warm as I turned around with my teeth clenched while he had a smug look on his face.

"I'm just saying, I'd appreciate if you and that hooker that is in your bedroom, would keep your groans to yourself so that some people can get some sleep."

"Okay, kid."

I was about to open my mouth to speak but he already shut the door in my face. I walked back to my apartment and shut the door only to hear the moans become louder.

This was gonna be a long night.

—————————

There were bags under my eyes this morning from the lack of sleep the night before. The noise didn't stop till around 5 am. I had to lay there hearing every scream and groan and moan just like all the other nights.

I decided to pick up an early shift at the coffee house today which was at 8 am so you only really got three hours of sleep, typical.

I dressed in blue jeans with black converse and a baggy t shirt with some band you had never heard of it. You decided to leave your down today, saving it from the cruelties of a bun or ponytail.

I never bother eating breakfast since Ray would just let me take something on the house like he did every time.

The cafe was a walking distance but knowing New York, I threw on a hoodie. I grabbed my apartment keys, and after multiple attempts at trying to close the door, (thank you to the rotten wood on your door frame making it difficult each time you wanted to close the door) I was on my way.

————————

"Hey Maddie, I need you to take over again and then close up when your done."

Typical Ray. Always leaving so he didn't have to do work.

"Yeah no problem." 

It was a problem but I wasn't about to tell him that.

————————-

The day was filled with people bustling in and out and serving their coffee orders. Nothing too tough I couldn't handle. Once I closed up I began the short walk back to my apartment.

I was on my way to my door when I heard yelling and then the door opening.

"You really need to sort out your issues Adam!"

I tried to act like I was trying to unlock my door which wasn't difficult. The problem was that the door wasn't opening, I even tried kicking it. Ah, the perks of living in New York.

My curiosity still lingered as the girl rushed past and I caught a glimpse of her. Short, along with her hair. Her clothes were all different colors except she had a black coat on which seemed like the only normal colored thing she had on. 

I wasn't able to  catch a glimpse of her face though. Was that who was making all the noise last night?

"You need some help, kid?"

I jumped back, the sudden deep voice startling me, as my keys fell to the ground.

"Yes please." I sighed. He kicked the door with a grunt and the door opened magically.

Well I could've done that myself.

I didn't invite him in but he entered my apartment anyways.

I threw my keys onto the counter along with my coat and went into the bedroom to change into a big t-shirt. I shut the door and leave Adam standing there by his lonesome.

Seconds later I heard shattering. I frowned coming out of the room and saw glass on the floor. He was just standing there looking at it. I never really noticed how large he really was, he took up so much space. He definitely worked out, you could tell from his arms. The man looked like pure muscle on a stick.

"That cup was already there."

I sighed and bent down to pick up the pieces when a shard of glass cut into my skin.

"Ah fuck."

Blood started dripping down my hand and I began to feel lightheaded.

"Shit, kid! Are you alright?"

I fell into a pit of black.

Hey everyone!  this is season 3 Sackler btw ;)