chapter 5

auraline rung out her brown hair as she lugged in the paddleboard from the sea. tommy and tubbo quietly plotted their plan to soak george with one of lani's buckets. they thought they were quiet, at least. she chuckled to herself. she could hear the boys from meters away. thankfully, george wasnt paying attention at the moment. the boys crept up behind him, dumping the water over gogy.

"yeahhhhh, got him bitch boy!" tommy laughed, high fiving tubbo. she laughed to herself, as tommy lifted the bucket again.

george was gasping, yelling at them and laughing all the while. "no- tommy!"they proceeded to chase eachother into the house. she scoffed at them, walking over to tubbo.

"shall we stream?" he asked.

"always," she said, smiling cheekily.

"so..." he said, standing there. "you and tommy, huh?"

"nope," she cut him off. "not another word from you."

he chuckled as she walked off. he knew his best friends.

*

tubbo, tommy, george, and aurlie sat at tubbos usual streaming spot, as tubbo booted up the stream. tommy was sitting shoulder to shoulder with auraline, making him blush and tense a bit. their touch tended to do that to eachother. make their hearts stop. young love at its finest.

once the stream started, tommy grabbed the mic

"im with bitch boy," he grinned pointing at tubbo, who appeared mildly offended. george cleared his throat. tommy looked at the siblings and rolls his eyes. "desperate for attention, are we george?" aurlie giggled from his side, gripping his hand a bit. tommy's heart rate sped up at her touch. the butterflies flew back into auralines stomach. "im with woman, and gogy." auraline laughed, and george waved to the camera.

slowly, the stream descended into madness. the four were laughing, jumping at games, screaming (and getting scolded at by tubbos parents for it), and threats were made about a vlog gun and knife.

the chat was going insane.

especially, when tommy made a joke that sent him and aurlie into an intense fit of shared wheezing laughter. the boy proceeded to tip backwards off of his chair, sending auralines laughter further into insanity. she was giggling like crazy, and he was laughing hysterically from the floor. she finally relented, and reached down to grab him, tears coming out of her eyes. he yanked her down next to him, and the two lost it on the floor, whilst tubbo and george exchanged weary glances. the teens finally smoothed their clothes, pulling themselves from the floor, bright red with side stitches from laughter.

their eyes met eachother, and they began giggling again.

"george, my inhaler!" aurlie said, gasping for breath through wheezes. he passed it to her, looking tired.

"auraline, you need your inhaler almost everytime you stream! you still dont keep it with you?"she wheezed in response to tubbos scolding.

"nah, hopefully she dies," tommy joked, leading her to another fit of laughter. by the time they had pulled themselves together, and looked at the chat, they noticed something being spammed.

"#tomaline"

the two exchanged glances. great.

"check twitter," george read from chat.

"oh my god!" auraline laughed. "#tomaline is number 7 trending in the uk!" it honestly wasnt too suprising. aurlie on her own had 3 million subscribers on youtube, 2.7 million on twitch, and millions on tiktok and instagram as well. amassed, they had tens of millions of fans, so them trending wasnt too surprising. she was just shocked at how quick it went around.

"you guys are really shipping my 16 year old baby sister with this child? and in front of me too?" george scoffed.

the three teens erupted into laughter.

*
they had lost track of time, and by the time they finished streaming, it was well into the early hours of the morning. at this point, george was ready for sleep. as was tubbo, so auraline and tommy resigned and went to their respective rooms. tommy was staying in tubbo's room, and george and aurlie would be sharing the guest room. george was out the second his head hit the pillow. auraline sighed, wishing she had that ability.

sleep never came. the green-eyed freckled girl scrolled through the #tomaline tag. she smiled and hummed to herself, before shaking off the feelings it gave her. friends.

just friends.

she tied her hair back, already having changed into sweats and an oversized sweatshirt. getting to her feet, the girl crept quietly out of the room. she remarked at how beautiful tubbo's home was as she made her way to the balcony in thr living room, looking out at the sea. she breathed in the clean air. she could actually see the stars here. she sat on the edge of the balcony, her eyes finding constellations. she remembered the stories behind each one, and smiled to herself.

she sat in the cool air, awfully cold for august. she shifted her position, pulling her legs up to her chest and resting her head on her knees. she stared out at the sea and into the sky, the breeze blowing her curls. she sat there for a while, deep in thought.

"couldnt sleep?" she jumped at the familiar voice echoing from behind her.

tommy.

"you know i never can," the girl smiled at his tall shadow looming in the balcony door.

he laughed. "its true, thats why you call me."

"yes tommy, you are so very boring you can lull me to sleep."

"mind if i sit?" he asked. her heart skipped a beat.

"of course," she moved over and he sat by her.

"i like your sweater," he said softly.

"thanks."

"it matches your eyes."

he was warm. he felt safe.