chapter 10

aurlie arose early the next morning, shifting in her sheets. she was wearing a camisole and shorts, as she had gotten hot the previous night. she swore george was cold blooded with how warm he kept the room. she pulled a thin white sheet over her shoulders to cover herself slightly, feeling exposed in her clothes.

she suddenly heard shushing from across the room. she turned to her right to see george holding up a camera like a dad on christmas. she rubbed her eyes, and looked over to the corner, where the others she had met up with were standing. suddenly, jack manifold jumped out. she grinned, and jumped back a bit, startled, before starting to giggle. her face lit up when she smiled, and tommy noticed the dimples and the shining in her green eyes as she sprung up and wrapped her arms around jack.

tommy smiled knowing that she was happy. he had helped george organize auraline finally getting to meet jack.  he watched as the girl excitedly engaged in conversation with the boy, grinning and her face lighting up as she spoke to him, showing the boy her artwork. tubbo came up behind tommy, smacking him on the back, causing him to jump.

"god, you really are smitten, aren't you?"

tommy didnt deny it this time.

"shut up," he told his friend, shoving tubbo with his arm. the older boy simply snickered and walked away as tommy made a tweet. in the picture, auraline was grinning, wrapped in a white sheet as she was faced with the sight of jack.

TommyInnit| Tommy
happy aurls moment. what did we suprise her with??? (i promise shes not nakey, her brother just likes to cook her alive)

he grinned as he sent out the tweet. he thought she looked as beautiful as ever in the photo, even though she had just woken up. soon enough, the group of streamers were out of the hotel and onto the streets of brighton. tommy and auraline walked side by side in comfortable silence. both teen's eyes were full of sleep of their previous excursion. while walking beside her, he noticed a crystal shop at the other side of the street. though he did not understand aura's infatuation with them, he pointed out to her. she immediately lit up, tugging the group across the street in order to search through the crystals. tommy hovered beside her as she looked, babbling about the meaning of the crystals as he read the descriptions.

suddenly, a green crystal caught his eye. the label read "malachite". he was drawn to it. perhaps it was because it reminded him of auraline's eyes. he picked it up, and tapped her on the shoulder. she spun around, a bit startled as she was engrossed in her searching.

"i found this crystal," he told her sheepishly. "it reminded me of you."

she studied the stone and took it from his hands, her eyes widening to match the shade of the crystal. "malachite!" she exclaimed. "ive been looking for this for like, forever. how did you know?" she beamed up at him.

"i dunno. i suppose it just, called to me." he shrugged.

"thank you," she said, comfortably leaning back against his slouched frame as she rolled the stone over in her hands.

"anything for you aurls." he told her, gripping her unoccupied hand. the moment was ruined when he caught a glimpse of niki attempting to push the boys away from gawking at the teens, looking on in pride. george looked slightly annoyed, but hey. he was all auraline had, so he had to protect her.

the teens stumbled out onto the street and began to move towards the train station. george had to leave, having a sponsorship that he needed his setup for. he hugged auraline, kissing her on the cheek and grabbing her hands. he murmured a few words of brotherly critique for the young girl, making sure she stayed out of trouble whilst he was gone. she simply let out breathy laughs at his comments and hugged him, sending him on his way.

auraline walked back in content conversation with the group, tommy vlogging and the rest making soft jokes and snickering as they walked back to the room, deciding to take a break before going to dinner.

they were all in auraline's room, being rowdy as usual. jack was laughing about something minute as niki looked at him disappointedly. a pillow fight formed between first tommy and wilbur, eventually dragging fundy and tubbo into it. they were acting like kids, simply enjoying each other's company. soon, niki and aurlie were building a fort out of the pillows and blankets that had been tossed around during the fight. the two were in comfortable and quiet conversation. the boys had settled down as well, though sometimes one would make a joke that would send them all into fits of snorting laugheter, usually leading to auraline poking her head out of the fort and shooting them with tommy's self proclaimed "vlog gun".

she had stolen it, and tommy had relented, giving in. he only allowed her to use it, which of course, fundy and tubbo gave him trouble for.

auraline and niki soon emerged from their fort, which was then crammed into by some of the boys. niki and wil resumed a quiet conversation as auraline wondered over to where tommy was sitting, legs dangling off of the bed. she cocked her head to the door.

"wanna help me edit in the hall?" she asked. he nodded, looking up at her as she tugged him to his feet and grabbed her laptop, dragging the boy outside. wil looked after the two, about to say something when niki began shaking her head. she knew how much adoration the teens had for one another.

the oak door slammed behind as the two slunk into the hall. the freckled girl sat on the red rug underneath a strange painting, and the tall boy slid down next to her.

she pulled something out of her pocket. it was a small wrapped gift, the sticker reading the crystal shp's name. she cleared her throat as she pulled two necklaces out. they were so simple, and so beautiful. he felt an immediate connection to her and the amulate as she pressed it into his hand. she turned to face him and rested her forehead against his, her breathing steady, though heart beat racing. she grabbed her own, the deep blue stone blinking with the boy's eyes.

"this," she told him, fiddling with the clip. "is lapis lazuli."

his eyes widened. "like in minecraft?"

she giggled softly. she had known her would say that. "yes. but its not the only reason i got it. it has a meaning. it symbolized connection and communication, no matter the distance." her eyes looked sad as she explained. "it helps love grow strong. wherever. whenever. no matter how many miles apart one is from the other. i thought we could wear them together, to, you know..."

she trailed off. "turn around." the boy said. auraline looked puzzled, but seeing the look in his eyes, obeyed. he lifted the hair off of her neck, and clipped the amulet on the nape. "there," he said, and she turned back to him. "your turn," he beamed, laughing.

"you dont have to wear it, i get it might be weird wearing a necklace and you could just hold it..."

he cut her off. "no," he squeezed her hand. "i want to."

she beamed, and the taller blonde turned around to allow her to fasten it. "there."

she adjusted the necklace, and the two faced eachother again. she checked her watch. "i suppose we should go in." she sighed. he nodded in agreement.

"and auraline," he said. "why do we exactly need these, erm, properties? i mean, we wont be too apart when this is over."

she exhaled and nodded sadly, shaking her head and entering the room, leaving the boy puzzled and spell bound.