04 ⋟ first ever photoshoot

𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚒𝚗
(𝚗) 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚎, 𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚊 𝚌𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚜𝚔𝚢 𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚞𝚗𝚜𝚎𝚝 𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚗 𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚢 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝; 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢

unstableangel has changed their username to lilahangelo

Harrison, who was sitting on the bed above Lilah, dramatically flopped over the side of the mattress. "Why'd you change your username?" he asked.

"To seem more professional and... stable? I guess, I dunno," she said.

Harrison just frowned and went back to watching their movie. Tom was laying at the end of the bed, his head hanging upside down while he watched the tv screen. And lastly, Lilah was lying on the floor, not paying any attention at all to the movie.

She was trying to focus, but her mind kept on wandering to sleep. Tom had told her to have a shower and nap and then come over to his and Harrison's room, and she did, just not the sleeping part.

It wasn't like she wasn't tired, or that her body wasn't weary, because it was. It was exhausted

But then there's the situation of having a brain. And Lilah's train of thought was going way too fast for her to even comprehend, so she laid on the floor, and thought her thoughts until she eventually fell asleep.

When when her brain finally slowed its contemplation about which type of shredded cheese was better and went to sleep, it wasn't as peaceful as she would have liked. 

She woke up gasping for air, sitting up to put two hands behind her on the floor near where her head had been. For support. One breath. Then another. She tried to identify some of her surroundings, as she had learned to do when she was eleven years old.

The ground. She was still lying on the ground, with a blanket on top of her that Harrison probably kicked off the bed during the night. The floor wasn't a very comfortable place to sleep, but at least she had gotten some shut eye. Even if all she felt during her dose was fear.

The sweat. Sweat was covering her body. From her forehead to the bottoms of her feet. She was hot, but shivering from the brisk cold of the air.

The light. That was the other thing she tried to identify while in a state of sudden panic, but there was none. Not even a glimpse of brightness, except for through the sliver of city lights that shone through the curtains to her right.

She let out a sigh, sitting up further and holding her head in between her knees. Focusing on breathing was the most important thing when she was in these situations.

For about five minutes she sat there, contemplating why this had to happen when she was with other people. Although Harrison was still snoring like a bear, and Tom was still curled up in a little ball under the covers. She couldn't hear his loud breathing as much as Harrison's, but she knew he was there.

Once her breathing was almost completely at a reasonable pace, Lilah got up from her spot on the floor and checked her phone's clock. It was almost six am.

If it had been eleven when she fell asleep... she just about punched the air with glee. She hadn't slept that long for days. Even if her sleep hadn't been enjoyable, at least she wasn't tired anymore.