The Girl

I had forgotten how it feels to sleep on an actual bed. Back home I had to clean the blo..I had to clean the blo..uh. Back home I didn't really have a bed I just sorta laid down where ever I could. I remember one time I didn't have a pillow so I tried to use my white hair as a pillow but it didn't work it only goes to about my cheek, almost to my mouth. It would sometimes be annoying when it would cover my eyes, but then one day I realized I really only had one eye anyways. Life is weird.

I got up and headed over to the mess hall. Everyone seemed to already be there. I grabbed my loaf of bread and walk over to an empty table. As I walk by I see eyes following me. I wonder if I made a good impression yesterday.

I take a seat at the empty table and start eating my bread. It doesn't taste like much but its way easier than having to hunt and farm. As I am about to finish my bread three people walk over to me. Its some blonde kid, a dark hair kid, and the girl. The girl from yesterday with the black hair and the scarf.

The blonde kid sits neck to me and starts staring at me. I think he is trying to build up the courage to say hello or something. Thoughts begin to fill my head as I contemplate what to do if he says hello. What do I do? Do I say hi back, do I just ignore them? If I say hi and we become friends will they die. Oh know I don't want that. Ill probably just ignore them. Maybe they will go away.

"Hi Kenichi. My name is Armin. Is it okay if we sit with you?"

Ahh shit this kids voice. Why does it make me want to say something back. Instead of speaking I use my hand to motion for them to sit. They all sit down and start eating their bread and potato. Wait what the hell they had potatoes. Crap I want one. I look over to the potato area and see some girl grabbing the last ones.

"Sorry about that she likes food. Do you want half of mine?"

I look over at the kid and just stare at him. I stare at him as if I'm staring into his soul. After a while he looks away. I look away also. While my eyes go back to the last bite of my bread I lock eyes with her, the girl. We stare into each others eyes as if we are trying to find something lost in the others pupils. The other kid noticed us.

"Are you two okay. Do you know each other?"

We both looked away at the same time. I don't think I came away with much other than she has very nice eyes. No stop that. Don't think that. She will either leave or die like the others. Like mo...m and da..da.d. I didn't reply but she did.

"No Eren we don't know each other."

That voice, I've heard that voice before. No please no thoughts please stop please stop. I quickly stand up and run back to our bunks. I still had a few minutes before training starts. I quickly open the door and slam it shut. Good thing no one else is in here. I run over to my bed and try to block out the memories. I begin hearing voices. They are also familiar voices.

I begin shaking. I cant control the shaking. I need to or IT will happen again. I cant allow that. I successfully block out the voices, but the shaking doesn't stop. I can hear fast footsteps approaching. I don't want anyone to see me like this. I don't want them to see I'm weak and broken on the outside. I slow my breathing and focus. Just as Eren and Armin run in I stopped shaking.

"Hey Kenichi are you okay?"

I nod and walk past them. I hope they don't see me as a friend. Anyone who ever gets close to me ends up dead. Even though I don't know them, I don't want them to die right? I think so. We all walk outside and get ready to practice staying balanced while off the ground.