To The Moon 2.0 (Final Chapter)

It’s cold tonight, Willow has given me a knitted rainbow jacket to keep myself warm, I’m not able to get my things for a few days. Not until forensics have finished anyway, but I like this jacket, I think I might keep it. The three of us make our way across the beach as the sun comes down. Lily carrying a disposable barbeque and a bag of veggie kababs, Jackson has the blanket and his guitar. We find a good spot, and Lily places the barbeque down and lights it. Jackson shakes out a very threadbare tie dye blanket and we all sit-down. Jackson starts playing a song, I don’t recognise it, but Lily tells me it’s a Dollyrots song called To the Moon. The song comes to an end and Jackson leans in and kisses my cheek, I can’t help but let out a childish girly giggle. 
Lily looks at us and rolls her eyes. ‘You two are a right pair of...’ She pauses to think. 
‘Pears?’ suggests Jackson, with his usual cheeky grin. 
Lily snorts and I look down at my knees grinning, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted, even though nobody knows what the final outcome will be. Jackson puts one arm around Lily’s shoulder and the other around mine. He pulls us both back, so we are all led on our backs on the blanket. 

And we watch the stars.