υηтιℓ ηєχт тιмє... (αη ιтα¢нι υ¢нιнα σηє-ѕнσт)

αℓℓ αт α нσℓι∂αу ραяту

It was surprising that the famous group of homicidal, s-ranked criminals could throw such an interesting holiday party. But, threw it they had, and it was indeed quite impressive. Everyone who had attended the party agreed so.

That wasn't much however, as only the chosen were able to attend. An Akatsuki member, and one other person. As long as that person could be trusted, that was. Otherwise, they would be killed by the Akatsuki's hand, which everyone was aware of.

The thing was that nothing at the party had particularly stood out. There was food, typical games, karaoke (which wasn't the best), and all other stuff one would see at a normal party. So what made it so amazing, not a single person knew... Well, there was also 'Spin the Bottle', but who didn't play that nowadays?

As the party drew to an end, the Akatsuki members found themselves returning to their rooms, their chosen attendees also starting to leave. The party had left a disastrous mess in its wake, but not a single person cared to take care of it. All but one, that is.

A lone Akatsuki member and one other was left behind after all had left, and ironically enough, it was his chosen companion. Slowly starting to stand from the mess-free couch in the middle of the living room, he began to clean up slightly, surprised in an appreciative way when he found his companion helping him.

They worked in a comfortable silence, used to each other as the time seem to fly. Both were preoccupied with something on their minds, and they hadn't even realized what time it was. The female of the two, finally found herself to speak.

"I appreciate you inviting me, Itachi."

Her voice was quiet but firm, something some would appreciate, others not. Something some would know to be an effect of the high standards in Ayame Kasai's village, and others not. Something Itachi himself enjoyed hearing.

"You're welcome."

The reply came quickly and quietly, making it hard to not miss it. But, being the skilled kunoichi she was and having used to speaking with the silent Uchiha, she caught it with no complication. She enjoyed hearing the soft sound of something she heard so rarely.

The owner of that quiet voice was currently staring out the window, knowing that the female would want to leave soon. She had no intention of staying so late, and it admittedly saddened him at the thought she would have to leave.

"Will you be staying?"

His inquiry was voiced before he could even stop it, his shock refusing to reveal itself upon his emotionless face. His self-control had failed him in such an interesting matter, listening for the answer from the girl beside him.

But, she, too, was in her own thoughts, thinking about what had happened during the party. As recommended by Hidan, they had played 'Spin the Bottle', but the last thing she had expected was to be kissed by the silent Uchiha.

What most had expected -including her- was for the Uchiha to not even play, or even obey the rules of the game. When their lips connected, most had missed it -more specifically a loud-mouthed, obnoxious man- but there were few exceptions.

None of which she cared to name as she responded to his question, no thought supporting it as it was all darting and focusing towards what happened during the party. "Of course, but where am I to sleep?" The words were out before she could comprehend them, and his reply came just as quick.

"With me."

~~~~~~

¢нαяα¢тєя тнαη ιηтєℓℓιgєη¢є

Right when she hit the bed she was asleep, surprising even herself when she awoke of how tired she was. She didn't even realize she was asleep. Having been staring out the window that took up an entire wall of the Uchiha's room, she found herself in deeper thought than ever before.

But, it was instantly snapped when she felt the bed move ever so slightly. Respecting Itachi for being able to move so swiftly, she sparred a look at the male, looking over her shoulder and watching him sit up. Only a moment of complete stillness did he copy her movements, their eyes catching one another for a split-second.

Turning away, he swiftly got up and put on his cloak, all in one motion as he headed for the door. That's when the laziness dawned on the female ninja before it was defeated by her motivation to stay with Itachi for just a moment longer.

She would have to leave soon, she shouldn't have stayed for so long...

Following the silent man out the door, she walked through the dizzy hallways of the Akatsuki base, all of it seemingly endless. And that was only to the dining room near the kitchen. But, it only took a few moments longer.

Reaching the designated area, Ayame took a seat, nodding in gratitude when Itachi made a plate of breakfast for her and handed it to her. Again, they were surrounded by a comfortable silence as none of the members cared to wake up so early in the day.

Realizing Ayame had to leave soon, Itachi finished his plate, making the excuse to himself of having to escort her back to the village. Walking beside her, he found himself sparring her a glance whenever she was distracted.

To see an old friend leave saddened him admittedly, and he found himself wishing that if she wasn't so good-natured, kind, and overprotective, that she would be able to stay with him in the Akatsuki base. He didn't know why he was thinking that, but he was.

As the village drew neared, Ayame's time to leave appeared and she stopped in her tracks, looking over at Itachi with another grateful nod. He again, copied her actions, watching as she began towards her home.

"Happy Holidays."

Though it was appropriate, those were not the words she wished to have spoken, watching as he gave another nod in return. Turning away, both headed for their opposite directions, not having said what they should've said the entire time.

Not during the party, not after their kiss, not when they slept, not when they ate breakfast, and not when they walked. Perhaps it was because of all the distractions, when she got angry at the religious obnoxious man, or when he decided to kiss her at the party.

Or maybe it was because they both had the same thought in mind, ironically meant in totally opposite ways. This would be the first time such deep thoughts got in the way of actions, and this is the last time such actions would be influenced by such weak thoughts.

Like countless times before, too deep of a thought created too much of a problem for what should've happened to happen and they leave it...

υηтιℓ ηєχт тιмє...

~THE END~

(I hope you liked it, thanks so much for reading! Rate please!)