F O R T Y T W O

I woke up with Yoongi sitting on the bed. I searched for my phone under the pillow to check the time: 5:26 am.

My movement made him look at me.

"You can continue to sleep, I'll just take Jimin to the station and in about 20 minutes I'm back." He said getting up and leaving the room.

The fact that he didn't change made me believe that what he said was true, but even so, I couldn't relax enough to go back to sleep.

I heard their conversation downstairs and when the front door closed. I rolled over in bed for a while and then completely gave up trying to fall asleep and got up, fetching clean clothes from the closet.

I was in the kitchen heating the water for my tea when he came back. He peeked through the hall door and I saw that he had put his coat over his pajamas. A few moments later he appeared in the kitchen again with only his sleepwear on.

"I couldn't get back to sleep." I explained, pressing the power button on his coffee maker.

"Sorry for waking you up."

"It's okay, it was better than if I woke up without you here." I sat on one of the kitchen island's stools.

He sat next to me.

"Roos..." He said my name in a plea and caught my attention. "I've been meaning to talk to you..."

"About what we talked about before sleeping?"

"Yes."

"You don't have to, Yoongi. I know I'm being irrational about Jimin. Just like you know you're being irrational about Jaap." He was silent. "Right?"

"Yes."

"I don't know, I just wanted to be with you, isolated from the world... I feel like we haven't done that in a while. What do you say? This weekend?"

"I need to go to Den Bosch. It's my mom's birthday."

"OK." I said, a little hurt at not being invited and he noticed.

"I thought it best if you don't go. I don't know, I wanted to avoid what happened on my birthday." He promptly justified himself, even though I didn't question anything.

"Okay. You understand your family better than anyone."

There was not much atmosphere for conversation after that and I was anxious to get out of there, but it was still six in the morning and I had no good reason to run.

I reached for one cigarette and the lighter in my bag and made my way out onto the patio, sitting on one of the table's chairs. I heard him going up the stairs, but I stayed where I was, trying to distract myself with my phone.

A while later he resurfaced, fully dressed and with his hair still damp.

I stared at the figure who sat next to me. He was blond again, his hair completely bleached, but somehow the undercut under his long hair was dark.

I wondered how I got myself in this position, completely in love with this man and now worried that maybe I was losing him. This fear was almost a sensation that materialized in my mind as a certainty and that brought me enormous anguish.

He lit a cigarette and inhaled deeply.

"Will I see you tonight?" He asked me in a low voice.