chapter 22

"I'm so sorry you had to go throught that" ranboo says after a while of is sitting in pure silence.

He pulls away from me and stands to his feet, he offers me both hands and I grip them tightly as he pulls me to my feet.

He smiles and raises a gloved hand to wipe away the last of my tears. I smile back at him and he walks over to my closet.

"Chose an outfit and show him who's in charge" he opens it and winks before leaving my room.

I chose a simple outfit and stare myself down in the mirror. I look from my short white hair, past my body where my sword was sitting in the holder on my hip, to the dagger strapped to my thigh and the boots that reach above my knees, and finally to the peice of fabric tied around my wrist and part of my hand.

I am in charge... not him

I build up the courage to finally leave my room and they all turn as the door opens. I walk over to the kitchen and grab a small red apple from a wooden bowl.

I lean my back against the counter top and glance up at them while taking a bite.

Ranboo smirks proudly at me while dream and blade pause their small conversation to look at me.

I feel nothing but annoyance when dreams eyes meet mine. I simply roll my eyes and walk towards the door, ranboo walks over behind me and grabs his coat before following me outside.

"You look wicked" he says as we reach the bottom of the stairs and i quickly spin with a massive smile plastered across my face, "but why are we outside?" He chuckles lightly with a shiver.

"I was reading one of blades books and there was a cool spell I wanted to try" he raises an eyebrow and I motion for him to stay while I run over to the center of the small field.

I turn to face him and his arms are folded over his chest, clearly trying to keep himself warm while the snow falls around us and settles on the floor.

I relax everything, my body, mind and soul and think clearly of what I want to happen. I close my eyes and picture it clearly in my mind. I rise my hands a little letting the snow fall gently onto them.

I wait and visualize before adding my power to the mix, slowly I stop feeling the snow on my skin. I open my eyes slowly and around me the snow is stuck mid fall.

It actually worked

I let out a breath with a smile and look over to the tall boy with his jaw hanging low. He walks over to me slowly and I continue to stare around the small winter wonderland I've created.

"How did you do this?" He asks breathlessly, I smile in response and pull out the spell from my pocket with one hand while keeping the other up to hold the snow in place.

He reads it carefully and his face drains of all colour, he looks up at me with a shocked and confused expression.

"What?" I question and he shakes his head out of a daze.

"Dream can't even do this spell" he says and I drop my hands releasing the snow and letting it rapidly continue its descent, "he's tried before but could clear his mind enough" he says with a wild smile growing on his face.

He smiles a little as the snow falls heavily on us both and blade and dream catch my eye standing in the window of the house.

A sudden feeling of dizziness and unease hit me and I fall into ranboo causing his smile to dissolve.

"Hey, whats going on?" I grip onto him and he holds me up, I look up at dream again who has his gaze focused on me, and I get a simple idea.

I regain focus on him and ignore any other feeling and quickly begin to feel better, I stand up and notice dream looking away with a hand on his forehead.

"Hey what happened? Are you okay?" I turn to him and shake my head slightly.

"Dream interfered with my power" he glances around and we both notice blade making his way over.

"Are you okay?" He asks and places a hand on my shoulder, I nod and glance to dream. He immediately knows whats going on and his gaze turns cold.

A slight headache sets in at the front of my head and as I attempt to step forwards I fall, luckily blade catches me and in a swift movement send a small knife towards dream who was standing next to his house.

It deliberately misses him but when his eyes are off me and on the dagger my head clears. I stand feeling better and blade let's out a composed sigh.

"I'm gonna kill him" he breathes turning back to me and shaking his head. He places a hand on my back and walks me inside, ranboo following behind us.

He walks me to one of the comfier chairs and walks back to the kitchen. Dream walks in and sits on another chair across the room with ranboo sitting on a long sofa inbetween us.

"You're an ass" I spit at dream and he laughs. He doesn't say anything but looks down at his hands.

"I'm sorry" my mouth parts slightly and he nods slowly, "I wanted to earn your trust and did the complete opposite" everyone caught on to what he did and he clearly wanted to dig himself out of a hole.

This can't be happening

"Damn right" I mutter and cross my right leg over my left. He sighs heavily but I don't buy his little act.

A heavy silence falls over us and blade walks back in and takes a seat next to ranboo.

"Tommy and Toby are doing well" dream fires and I sit up and my mouth parts, "Sam has really been taking care of them" a smirk plays on his lips.

"You've seen them!?" I ask and he slowly nods with a growing smile, "but you aren't aloud in L'manburg?" He simply shrugs his shoulders and I realise why he was there.

"How's george doing dream?" I smirk as fades and he becomes uncomfortable and annoyed, "must be hard not being able to talk to the people you love" I tease and my expression grows dark as he meets me gaze.

"Very funny" his voice is dull and he sighs and adjusts his mask a few times.

"So what else is new then?" I ask and he yet again adjusts his mask completely over his face, "dream?" I raise an eyebrow at him and notice ranboo and blade getting uncomfortable.

"Nothing" he simply replies.

"Lair" his head snaps up to look at me and I focus my energy onto getting answers from him.

"You're hiding something" blade says nonchalantly but I keep my gaze on dream who is becoming more and more uncomfortable as time goes on.

"Don't be stupid" his entire act drops, like nothing ever happened and he readjusts his mask to the side of his face but I can see he's still uncomfortable.

I stand from my seat, I grip my sword that was leaning against the side of the chair and hold it to his throat, I move it along the bottom of his chin and make him tilt his head to look at me.

"You've fucked with me one too many times today dream" I smile as his fades and he looks over to blade who simply acts like its not happening.

"If you're hiding something from me... I will find out"