chapter 29

I fall onto the floor and my eyes shoot open, I grip the grass under my hands tightly and rest bring my head down to the floor and let the last of my tears fall.

I feel two hands on my waist and sit up so I'm on my knees almost mirroring him.

The second my eyes meet his the taller boy pulls me into a hug. I let out a few sobs as he rubs the back of my head and tightens his grip for a moment.

"I'm so sorry Echo but we have to go" I nod and he helps me to my feet, the horse was close by and he hops in first this time and holds down a hand to pull me up.

As we take off towards blade's I wrap my arms around ranboo and rear my head against his back.

I knew dream was hiding something but this isn't at all what I expected and I can only hope for his sake he's nowhere around for a few days until I can move past it.

Its only in this moment I realise how drained I feel, my grip around ranboo seems to losen slightly and I could almost fall asleep leaning against him.

All too quickly we arrive and he jumps down leaving my there for a moment, I throw my leg over slowly and slide off while gripping the hand ranboo offered.

A small cough catches my attention and I look up to see Techno standing at the bottom of the stairs.

An expression I've never seen on him now shows through, fear. He was nervous about telling me to go to L'manberg but I don't blame him for not telling me.

I smile a little feeling weak and his expression shifts as he looks up to the steps. A familiar face slowly makes his way down the stairs and into sight.

Dick

I quickly become numb to the pain and draw my sword. I walk over and he backs up until he hits the wall, I hold the blade against his throat and every bone in my body wants to gracefully slide it and end the torture.

"Echo!" Ranboo tries but I press further making it harder for dream to breath.

"P-please-" he begs and I chuckle a little at how desperate he seems, again I use all of the power I have left to block his from effecting me.

"Why dream? Why should I stop? After everything you have done whats stopping me from dragging this sword across your throat" he stares at me with frantic eyes and attempts to find an answer.

"Echo thats enough" techno places a hand on my shoulder but I shake it off. I turn back to dream and lean in close so only he can hear me.

"You may have everyone else wrapped around your little finger" I glance at him and release some of the pressure on his throat to which he let's out a heavy breath, "but you have no power over me... never have, never will" I can hear footsteps behind me and can see ranboo to the side next to blade.

"I'm not sure what you mean" I can see the hint of amusement in his eyes as he thinks I won't do anything. I pull a small blade I hid in my sleeve and hold it against the strap of his mask and bring the sword back to his throat.

The amusement dies too quickly and panic quickly sets in, I smirk at him and cut it until it almost breaks.

"You are not in charge here" he gives me a pleading look and I cut the last of the mask an slips of his face and hits the floor, I pay no attention to his features other than the large scar cascading down half of his face, "got it?" He nods frantically and I remove my sword and stumble backwards as all the adrenaline fades again.

I drop my sword and stumble back again, I spin around to hold onto ranboo but blade catches me instead and I use his arm to help steady myself.

I turn back and dream has his mask in hand and is staring at it. I hold onto blade and my other hand finds ranboos arm and I stand between them to keep myself steady.

He rubs his thumb over the smile and continues to focus on it. The longer I stand here the angrier with him I get.

"I want to go inside" I mumble and let go of them both. My knees almost entirely buckle but ranboo catches me and put my arm around his waist so he can help me inside.

He takes me my room where I collapse on the bed. He takes a seat next to me and I smile and lean into him.

I reach over and grab a blank book and ranboo hands me a quill, I stare it for a moment and notice it looks an awfully lot like philza's but the pattern is different.

I hold it up to him and give him a questioning look as if to ask about it and his face drops.

"Its one of will's" I sit up at stare it closely, "he gave techno and tommy a few" I still stare it puzzled, he hides them exceptionally well.

"I didn't know he had wings" I say in disbelief and he remains quiet leading me to believe I might be wrong.

"During the first war when he blew up the town" he starts and I already don't like where the story is going, "Tommy ended up alone with dream and he tried to kill him" I run the quill over my hand and feel how soft it was with a slight smile, "wilbur stepped in before dream hit tommy and he ended up cutting wilburs wings off" I wince.

I couldn't begin to imagine how much pain he must have been in, but he did it all for the safety of his little brother and for that I admire him.