𝟐𝟏. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

❝𝐎𝐇 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘," I say, gently removing myself from Killua's grasp and reaching for my backpack. "I have more questions. Specifically, questions that I feel like only Killua can answer."

"Alright." Killua pushes himself up and sits down, grabbing a macaroon from the picnic basket and looking at me. "I guess I can help." He smirks. 

I roll my eyes, mimicking him. "I guess I can help," I repeat, mocking his words. He shrugs in response to what I just said. I grab Killua's hand and slip my ring into his hand. "I haven't taken this off for three years," I tell Killua. "That's how long it's been since the hospital. Now, I want to know what it means. Also - I'll tell you the memory I remembered after I get my answers."

Killua's jaw drops before he carefully picks up my ring. Sunlight shines on it, making the jewel reflect onto the grass, making a lavender tint. Pretty. "You're telling me," he whispers. "You've never taken this off?" 

I smile weakly, not even trying to be salty anymore. Not after what I saw in that memory. "Never," I reply softly. "And you haven't either, have you?" Swiftly, I grab his opposite hand. A periwinkle ring lays on his right hand's ring finger. I take it off, and underneath is a light but still visible tanline. "I knew it," I breathe. 

Killua whips his ring back and carefully but quickly puts it back on. I fall back in surprise and from the momentum of Killua taking his ring back. "I don't care if this ring is only on my finger because of you, but never touch it," Killua snarls. His hands are next to my head and he's hovering over me. "Because I'll be damned if I lose it."

I smirk, before grabbing his shirt and pulling him closer to me so that our noses are almost brushing. "So you are connected to the rings," I muse, laughing lightly. "You must really be passionate about it, hmm Killua? About me? After all, it really was the only thing connecting us for those three years, wasn't it? Yeah. Yeah, that's what I thought," I snarl right back as Killua fearfully nods in response to my question. "Oh, don't be scared of me now, love. Don't tell me you're all bark and no bite. Now answer my questions, Killua." 

Killua doesn't answer. All he does is maintain eye contact with me. I roll my eyes before I push him off of me. He stumbles off and I sit upright. "I'm waiting."

"Fine." Killua launches into his explanation. "They're promise rings. I gave them to you when we first started dating. Mine's a periwinkle colour while yours is lavender. Obviously. They also have two other features. The first one is a compass that will lead you straight to the other holder of the ring. That's why I never let go of mine. The other thing is that when your blood touches your ring, it'll immediately alert the other one. You might have felt it vibrating before?"

I nod, looking at my ring from a new perspective. 

"That means my blood must've touched it. Your blood touched the ring a lot as well."