Murderer's child

"Can you just hurry up and leave my room! Argh."

Quickening my speed, I mopped up the last bit of puddle in Jane's room. No, I am not her maid. In fact, I am her cousin.

"GET OUT OF MY ROOM! NOW!"

With that command, I carried my mopping tools and left. What wrong have I done to receive such a cruel treatment from Jane. What have I done that I have to be the maid of my aunt. This is annoying. The only crime which I never want it to happen, is that my mother is a murderer that murdered my father. Because of that, I became a orphan, who have to stay with my aunt and put up with her temper. And the only reason she is keeping me here is I'm free labour.

Dragging my already tired legs down the stairway, I head my way to the kitchen. Opening the fridge, I decided mentally what to cook for my fussy cousin for dinner. Luckily, today my aunt have a meeting which requires to work overtime. Deciding to make mac and cheese tonight, I quickly gathered ingredients and started cooking.

"Yuck! Do you even know how to cook?! This taste terrible!" Spitting out as much as she ate, Jane complained and stared at me furiously. Why is she so demanding? In addition, I have been cooking ever since I'm 10 and she thinks I am a lousy cook. In no way she can cook better than me.

"So sorry, do you want me to cook something else?" I said with no emotion and sincerity. She glared at me while mumbling something I could hardly hear, except "eating food the murderer's child cooked", which she deliberately increased her volume for me to hear. Shutting my eye and controlling my temper, I sat down and ate my dinner. I have endured for 7 years, I can endure for one more year, and then I'll be out of the house.

After washing up the dishes, I walked back to my room. Flipping open my workbook, I start to do my equations. No part of me is looking forward to another day of bullying tomorrow. I buried myself in the equations, telling myself that once I have a decent qualification, nobody will judge me.

Waking up to the loud banging of the door, I realise it was time to make breakfast as usual. Rushing down to the kitchen again, I grabbed bread and started to toast them. Butter, jam, ham and toast, everything was ready within minutes. When I finally finished making breakfast, I dragged my reluctant feet towards Jane's room.

"Hey, breakfast time." I said as I nudged her. Like every other day, she would not budge, and I have to do that continuously for a while before she would get annoyed, wake up and glare at me.

Breakfast was quick and I throw every single stuff I need for school into my bag, wear a plain t-shirt with jeans and ran off to school. Although I went to the same school as Jane and she have a car, she never give me a lift and make sure I have to run to school everyday before she leave home.

"Here comes the murderer child."

"I can't believe she is still coming to school."

"Will we be killed too, like her father?"

Brainless people, saying the same things every time I walk into the hallway of school. Why is it that the crime of my parent, I have to endure? It wasn't fair, was it?

"Emily! Over here!" Katy screamed as she waved at me. I smiled, as I walked towards her. How can such a girl like her be friend with me, the child of a murderer? Katy was perfect. She comes from a decent income family, beautiful and well-mannered. Unlike most students in school, she was the only one that spoke to me. Even teachers avoid me. I knew Katy before I became a criminal's child, and she was the only one that cared about me. She was also the only one that believed that I will never follow what they did and I will never become a murderer.

We chatted as we strolled to class, ignoring the glares and stares from the student crowd. Lessons passed quickly and I absorbed myself in the lectures. When lessons ended, Katy asked me a question which was about to change my life forever.

"Have you ever thought why your mother committed murder?"

-end of chapter one-

How was this story? I suddenly had the idea of writing this story after watching a show, where a woman was charged murder innocently, being framed by her step sister. It was a Korean drama, yellow adoris. No, this story is going to have another ending and not similar to the show, so I hope you guys could comment and help me improve this story. Thanks a lot! (:

Visit my official blog at http://iamhyeon.blogspot.sg for a faster update because I update my blog with the story and only upload here when I have time.