Chapter 9: The Birthday Party

"Hey Noah, wait up!" George called from behind me.

"Why should I?"I questioned. I stopped and turned around.

"Happy Birthday!" He yelled.

December 16, my fifteenth birthday. I usually enjoyed my birthday, but this year it seemed like everybody just forgot about it.

"Congratulations George, it seems like you're the only one who remembered."

"I doubt that that's what happened." He thought about it for a second. "Okay, maybe that is what happened, but I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation."

"And I'm sure there is. Now I think I'm just going to go do some more research on Herbology. I'll see you later." I said while walking away.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me back. "Come on, I need to show you something."

He practically dragged me through the hallways until we got to a wall. He walked past the wall three times before it transformed into a large door.

"What are we doing here?" I asked him.

"Proving to you that nobody has forgotten about your birthday."

At that moment every single one of my friends jumped out and yelled, "Surprise!"

"So what did you think about the party Noah?" George asked when we got back to the common room.

"Other than the fact that it was a surprise party, it was nice."

"What does the fact that it was a surprise party have to do with anything?"

"I hate surprises, George, I could've sworn I told you that. Like a million times. It was nice though. Thank you."

"It's getting late, I think that you should go to bed."

"Yeah, you're right." I kissed him on the cheek. I don't know why I did it. Probably just to see his reaction. "Goodnight."

"G-goodnight Y/N." He stuttered.

I started walking up the stairs and when I looked back he was still blushing. I could still feel the heat rising to my cheeks too.

That night I went to bed with a huge smile on my face.
---------------------
I woke up to a knock and Ginny and Hermione came bursting through the door.

"Noah wake up already we've been waiting for you in the common room for fifteen minutes. And your presents haven't even been touched. Honestly."

"I'm up 'Mione."

"Good."

The two girls then left my room allowing me to get ready.

Mrs. Weasley had sent me another sweater for Christmas, so I wore that with a pair of jeans.

Surprisingly, when I went downstairs, I didn't find Percy chasing the twins around. Instead, they were messing with Ron. I don't know what it was about but he didn't seem happy about it.

"Oh look who finally decided to wake up."

"Shut up Fred. It's not my fault that I..." The twins gave me a warning look. We had stayed up last night working on ideas for the joke shop. "You know what? It doesn't matter."