Meet the Troupe - Chapter 1

Reader's POV

It was cold that night, but I didn't mind. At least the cold breeze helped me feel something. I honestly don't know what I'm doing with my life anymore. I moved to Yorknew to try and escape the past and the orphanage but for the past couple years I haven't known what to do. All I do is work at the café, go home, eat, stare at my ceiling, then sleep. I the only thing I want  to do is kill. I must be insane for thinking that...killing is wrong. It's bad. But for some reason I still can't escape this urge. "Snap out of it y/n!" I muttered out loud. Ugh. Being alone causes me to be left alone with my thoughts, my feelings, my memories which is not a good thing. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and figure out what to do with my life. I take out my iPod, put in some ear buds, and start listening to some music to help me clear my head. 

I kept on walking, but something was off. I know that Yorknew is full of people, but I've been walking for a while and felt the same presence behind me since I got out of work. I won't look behind me because that'll look suspicious. "I'll just do the basic strategy of making 4 right turns in a row" I thought to myself. After 4 right turns they were still following. Okay y/n time to turn around and fight. I turned around and saw a tall man standing there. "What do you want?" I scoffed. The street was completely empty, and any normal person would be frightened.. but I'm not normal. (THIS MAY BE TRIGGERING FOR SOME PEOPLE BECAUSE IT INVOLVES ATTEMPTED ASSAULT IF THAT TRIGGERS YOU PLEASE SKIP AHEAD)"What are you doing all alone at night, wearing a dress like that?" he smirked. "Gross" I said under my breath. "Excuse me?" he walked up to me and and grabbed my wrist. "You're gonna regret saying that" he said as he pinned me against the wall. "You're gonna regret ever meeting me." I said as I started to get pissed. I pulled out a knife and cut myself (end of triggering part)"What the fuck are you doing?" he said and I could hear his voice tremble. "Awwww are you scared?" I said in a mocking voice "you should be" I immediately switched my tone, I smeared the blood on his face. "What the hell?!" he shouted. I activated my nen ability and broke his arm with it  "ARE YOU A NEN USER?" he yelled in fear, I just laughed. I wanted to enjoy killing him, but I needed to make it quick so I just snapped his neck with my nen "Ugh I hate men" I muttered, then I walked away.

??? POV

"Did you see that?" I whispered to Nobunaga "Yea, we should bring her back to the boss and recruit her." He said. "Yeah especially since we need a replacement for Uvo." I replied. He gave me a glare but I could tell he agreed. "'Kay let's go" I said.

Readers POV

I sighed. That was fun, but also kind of annoying. I don't understand how men just think they have the right to come up to women acting as if it's their fault for All of a sudden I felt someone behind me, I turn around, but they had already restrained me. Shit, I was too lost in thought to even notice them. The last thing I saw was a girl with bright pink hair and a man with long black hair, then everything faded to black.

A little while later...

I start to open my eyes to see a bunch of people in front of me. I saw the pink haired girl and the guy with long black hair who brought me here. I also saw a cheery boy with blonde hair, a cute girl with a turtleneck and glasses, a man with slicked back dark blonde hair, a short looking person with long grey hair, a guy covered in bandages, an extremely attractive woman with big.. umm... , a clown looking guy, and then I saw a short boy(probably still taller than me tho ;-;) with black hair, and he looked kinda grumpy. He was really cute and I started blushing... ugh what am I doing.. am I really blushing over some random boy? I can't believe I've come to this low of a point in my life.

An attractive man in a purple coat and slicked back hair walked in "Hello" he said with a cold voice. "Uh hi... why am I here?" I said. "Nobunaga and Machi saw your ability and wanted to nominate you to be a member." he said. I just stared at him blankly "Is this like a mafia group or something?" I asked, He chuckled "No, we're a group called the Phantom Troupe but we also go by the 'Spiders'. We're bandits and we take what we want" he said frankly. "Ooooh, I've heard of you guys. So how am I supposed to be initiated?" 

"You show me your ability, and I'll decide." he said. I scoffed "No way am I going to show you my ability." I said. little did I know that was a big mistake. "Well, from what I've heard from Machi and Nobunaga, I would like you to join the troupe. If you aren't going to co-operate then I guess I'll have to make you." almost as if that was his queue, the black haired boy walked towards me. "Wow, if Feitan's gonna use his torture skills then you have terrible luck" said the cheery boy with blonde hair. So Feitan is his name...