The Birth of the Golden Queen

Author note: I'm making this story based on a joke between me and my friends in monster hunter, which will become apparent later in the story. Credit for Starlin goes to Elect0sharkus. Told you I'd write it.

Now then, on with the story. -----

-----

Today is the day... the day we hunt Kulve for the final time. We hunted her back before we founded Seliana, the final true hunt we had. Of course, there were still some challenges for the lower rank hunters, and there was the occasional elder that came around. But nothing ever gave me as much of a challenge, not Nergigante, not Teostra, not even Xenojiva, despite the frustration in dealing with his flight.

I walk away from the canteen, having finished my drink. Gotta keep my flask topped off.

I see two hunter giving me a look from the door to the gathering hub. "So, Starlin. I heard you're gonna fight Kulve, who's your hunting partner?"

"Don't have one, don't need one."

"What? That's insane!" He realizes everyone's looking at him, from his yelling. "Look, the Commander only barely let us hunt him in a standard hunting party, and that was with the Admirals convincing. Doing it alone, i-it's suicide!"

"I've hunter nearly every monster before by my lonesome, and otherwise, it was a siege, or Xenojiva. Those times, it was necessary due to the unknowns. Now? I know what I'm going up against, and she will remember me."

"But why?"

"Because she's the one monster who's escaped me. Now leave me be."

"Fine."

He steps out of the way, and I go to the gathering hub, straight towards the hub lass.

"Hello Starlin! Here for a new quest?"

"The Eternal Gold Rush. Solo."

"Okay- wait, solo?! Don't you want someone with you? I could get Vek-"

"I'll be ready for my wing-drake in 15, don't keep me waiting. Unless you want me to tell the Admiral."

I place a lucky voucher on the desk, and walk to my room.

Now then, to gear up.

I grab my armor off of the stand, my odogaron set. Took a lot of work to get this. I was using my HR odogaron set until I fought him in MR. Brings back good memories.

Next, I grab my supplies, putting them into my pouch.

Finally, my weapon. I grab my raging brachydios Sword and Shield. Better known as the lightbreak. While I seldom use this, for this hunt... I think it's necessary.

I sit on the couch, listening to my jukebox for the next few minutes before my assignment.

...

...

*caw!*

I  land at the top of the caverns, my blade on my back, and my slinger armed.

Now then, time to hunt.

I slide down to Kulve's lair, landing with an impact. Kulve notices me quickly, recognizing me.

*Roar!*

I roll through the roar, before trying to get her eye with a pod. I miss, but it gets her attention for a moment.

I grab onto her chest with my clutch claw , stabbing into the plating, before slamming my blade through with my shield. It breaks the right plate.

She begins to melt the floor beneath me, but I get out of the way in time to not sustain heavy damage.

I avoid a fireball she shoots at me, grabbing onto a wedge beetle far above. I land on her head, stabbing into a horn to stay on.

She tries to shake me off, but I hold on tight. She lights herself, getting angry with her unsuccessful attempts to throw me.

The moment she settles down, I slam my blade into her head, before smashing my shield into her other horn, attempting to wound it. She topples, and I land before her.

I slam my blade into her eye, before she gets up and bolts to the next area.

I take a drink from my flask before chasing her down. Always helps me stay cool.

Before I can even reach her, she runs to the next area, again.

You are not running away again!

I grab onto her face with the clutch claw before she can finish tunneling.

Fuck this burns!

The magma from her new tunnel drips onto me, burning my skin.

I chug the rest of my flask in a single gulp, eager to be rid of the pain.

This is gonna hurt tomorrow.

I slam my blade into her head, before loading a flashfly into my slinger, along with the crystal burst I had.

Get fucked!

I shoot it into her remaining eye, sending her into the wall, which embeds my blade into her skull. She lands with a thud into the ground.

I limp my way over to Kulve, the burns impairing my movement, along with the alcohol from my flask.

She stares at me, a cold hatred in her eye. I reflect that stare, climbing upon her head.

"I told ya', there's no escaping me. But, don't worry, you'll live on."

I grab a hold of my blade, planting my foot next to it.

"Through me, the Golden Queen."

I remove the blade.

*Raghhh...*