[[ 7 ]]

[Draco]

"Malfoy," came Blaise's voice from the common room entrance. 

I held up a hand as he stepped forward, but froze as he realized I was in the middle of yelling at Haven.

"...all I'm saying is that it shouldn't matter." squealed Haven, rising form the couch.

I looked at her black eye, bloody nose and bruised jaw.

Baie had did a number on her and I fought to hide my smile.

"Well," I sighed, taking her face into my hands and watched as if she found it comforting. As I noticed this, I jerked her head from left to right, like an inspector. "I believe she proved you incorrect."

"About what?" Haven wrinkled her nose in confusion as she slapped my hands away from her face.

"Her being soft." I smirked, walking over to the fireplace. "You stepped up to her and failed, you rubbed our engagement in her face and completely destroyed her, emotionally..."

"...what are you thinking, we do Voldemort a favor?" smiled Haven, stepping closer to me and I smirked at her hatred for Baie. 

It was annoying.

"No," I spoke sharply, rounding on her. "I'm saying that you destroyed her, emotionally - whether you accept it or not Haven, what we had was real and what we currently have is fake - "

"- Fake!?" she screamed, slamming herself back onto the couch. "You said you wanted me...you didn't reject me last night either."

"I have to do what I have to do, Haven." I spat, growling under my breath.

She wasn't having this fake front situation, I wanted.

I choose Haven, yes. 

Baie was right about that.

But after her and Haven ran off,  Blaise and I were brought back in front of the Dark Lord in order to corrected the incorrect - his words, not mine.

"It seems both of your brides have ran off." smirked Voldemort, glaring down at the two of us. "It also seems as if your alliance is in question. 

"Our alliance, sir?" asked Blaise, daring to look up from the floor. 

"Not to me, dear child - to each other." He spat, glaring down at us.

I could fee the back of my head burning.

"This needs to be fixed, as for your - arrangements - you two can choose your next brides." He smirked, waving someone to his left and the door opened and in stepped four girls. 

Two of which, I didn't recognize, but my heart dropped when I saw Haven and Pansy.

There was absolutely no way I was going for Pansy.

That - in that moment - is when a plan sank through my mind.

The one that would get Baie's attention wouldn't be Pansy, it would be Haven.

If I was fake a front of being with Haven, maybe Baie would act out or come back to me.

It drove me crazy seeing her with Blaise, maybe it'll drive her equally as crazy seeing me with Haven.

I smirked and pointed to Haven, who erupted in squeals.

"Why her?" asked Voldemort, as Blaise shot me the same curious expression.

"She's been there since the beginning, my Lord - who better to fight this war with than her by my side." I smirked, lying straight through my teeth. 

There was a lot that happened the night Star and Baie ran off that they had no clue about. 

I frowned into the flames and turned back to Haven, who was now flushed red with sadness and frustration.

I needed to keep this front up, or she'll snitch for sure.

Haven was looking out for one person, Haven.

"I'm just saying that the way to be the bigger person...is to not throw down with her and allow Voldemort or even, Potter for that matter," I flinched at the pinch in my chest at the mentions or implication of the two of them together. "deal with her."

Haven's face began to fade back into his paleness that all  knew.

I grinned as she flung herself into my arms and forced her lips onto mine.

"Malfoy..." whispered Blaise from behind Haven, attempting to get my attention. I held up a finger and he nodded gently as he stepped back where he stood before.

"Okay, now that we're okay.." I smiled, pulling Haven into me and kissing her forehead. "...go tell Pansy, everything is back to normal."

"To continue what we're doing, just pull back on my end?" asked Haven, stopping beside Blasie as she went to exit the common room. 

"Sure." I smirked, as she squealed, blew me a kiss and disappeared.

"Still pretending?" Blaise asked, crossing his arms. 

"You know that," I smiled as I paused at a sudden thought. "Blaise, why did you change your opinion about Baie and I?"

Blaise sighed, and dropped into an arm chair.

"I liked her a lot last term, Malfoy..." admitted Blaise, as I stepped closer to him. "...but after the whole wedding thing, and her running off - I did a lot of thinking."

"About?" I pushed.

"The fact that this woman would rather run away from me, becoming Voldmeort's #2 public enemy, and change sides of the war, than be with me. She did all of it for you, mate." He explained, beaming down at his shoes. "I realized that being with me isn't what I wanted for Baie, it was her being happy."

I pressed my lips together tightly.

I had never seen Blaise so emotional before.

"So, I have to...and am trying to, let her go." He finished, rising from the arm chair to meet my gaze. "Now, for the news I have...we have a problem."

"A problem?" I rose an eyebrow.

"I was walking around, and I came across the third floor bathroom." He explained, talking with his hands now. "I heard some whispering and cackling, and followed the noise and came across Star and Baie making protection crystals."

"Protection Crystals?" I echoed, dropping my gaze to think. "How is that a our problem?"

"Its not our problem, but it will be if Voldemort finds out we knew about it and didn't do shit." smirked Blaise, almost panicking. 

"True," I nodded, thinking harder. "I'd leave it be for now...I'll see what I can come up with." 

"You got a plan?" Blaise inquried.

"Something like that..."