Study Date

I wake up, stretching then rubbing my eyes. I look over at my phone. I had a text from Michael.

Michael Hartt - Today, 5:30 a.m.
Hey, yesterday was fun. Wanna work on the project again today too? : )

You - Today, 7:15 a.m.
Yeah, today I have optional practice, but I was gonna skip it anyways. 
    Opened by Michael Hartt - 7:17 a.m.
———————
Grant's Point Of View
I get up, pulling off the blankets from my bare legs. I throw on a green t-shirt and some khaki shorts. I put on my gray Vans slip-ons. After that, I brush through my hair and put on some deodorant. I brush my teeth and head out. I'm home alone for the next two weeks, since my dad has a business trip, so it'll be lonely here, but nice.
    After I got to the school, I went to my locker seeing my group of friends standing there.
"Hey, how'd it go last night spending time with that faggot Michael?" Brandon questioned, while I was grabbing my books from my locker, the group erupting into laughter.
    "Yeah, it was what you'd except. Lame as shit. He literally sat there the whole fucking time, reading or some shit, man," I lie, they all laugh, making jokes while we walk down the hallway. I couldn't have told them that last night was nice. Michael's like the kid who gets picked on, and people get picked on for hanging out with him. Imagine what would happen to me.

English

"Ok, class, today I have to talk With Mr.Jackson, so it will just be a work day today. Work with your partners, and no distractions, got it?" Our English teacher demands. He walks out of the class room, Michael and I sat next to eachother.

"He's so weird, right?" I question, playing with the gum in my mouth.
    "Honestly. I swear he acts like an eighty-year-old man who goes home to a three-million dollar mansion every day," Michael replies, I snicker.
"Yeah. Especially with all the suits he wears," He laughs, looking back down at his book.
    "So, what are you reading?" I question, trying to continue conversation.
"It's called; "Until I Break", by Kara M. Bietz. It's a really good book, this is my third time reading it through," He says, eyes still scanning each word on the page.
"Huh. What's it about?" I questioned, just wanting to start a conversation.
"It's about a boy, our age, who's a quarterback, and his friend, also on the team, and this other guy, he picks on a kid named Ace, who eventually ends up threatening to shoot up their school," He replies with a straight face, as if it was nothing.
"Damn dude, that's dark," I reply, scoffing.
"Yeah, but it satisfies," He smiles.
"So," I start, changing the subject, "wanna come over to my place to work on the, uh, project some more?"
" Uh, yeah, sorry, I can't today, I have a thing, I just found out," He replies, eyes glued on his book.
" What do you have to do, you have like, no life," I joke back, laughing after.
"It's none of your business. It's personal," He replies, flipping to another page.
"Well, how about after? What is it?" I ask, realizing that was a little too nosy.
" Oh, well, it's kind of a private thing, and I don't know how much I can trust you," He spoke back, folding the corner and closing his book this time, sliding it into his backpack.
"Come on, man, when have I ever done anything to you?" I question him.
"Well, I mean maybe not you personally, but your friends. Especially, Jerad and Christian, they beat the shit out of me, call me names, you know," He replies, fidgeting with an open safety pin in his lap. Where did he get that at?
" Well, I'm not Christian or Jerad, ok? I'm Grant. A totally different guy. Why not give me a try? Do you even have any friends?" I question him, he doesn't, though. I know that for a fact. He sits alone at lunch, he doesn't do anything at break. He's a total loner.
"See, you're saying I don't have a life, or any friends. Personally, I'd say that's rude, since you don't know anything about me," he replies, stroking the needle part of the safety pin with his fingertip.
"Well, I would like to learn about you, is that so bad? You don't know anything about me either, so I believe that would be a great way to get to know each other," Why is he like this? Why is he so stubborn, why can't he say yes?
————————
I can't believe I fucking failed that math test. One more low grade or missing assignment in that class, I'm benched for the rest of the season. 
"Hey, yo? What's good, G?" My friend Matt comes up to me, throwing his arm around my neck, his hand on my shoulder.
"What's up, bro?" I ask him, smiling. I haven't seen him in months. No one has. He said he was at some bible study his parents sent him to. But everyone knows that's total bullshit, and he probably skipped the whole thing, if it is true.
"I'm back, baby! Hey, party at my place tonight," He says, letting go of me walking backwards, pointing, "You better be there, ! I'll kick your ass if you aren't!" He says, his voice louder with each word as he walks backwards in the hall. I smile.
"I will, buddy don't worry, don't worry," I shouted a crossed the hall.
|Lunch|
I'm on my phone surrounded by my friends at our lunch table. I get a text, it was from Michael.
——————————————————————————————
Michael Hartt - Read 12:04 p.m.
Hey. I made us a doc to start working on the next part of our project.
———
You - Sent 12:05 p.m.
Hey. Thank you. This'll help!
———————————————————————————————
"Hey man, who you talking to? That Sadey chick? She wouldn't shut up about you last Thursday," Cal spoke, nudging my arm with his elbow. I Smiled, laughing slightly, still looking down.
"Nope. I honestly forgot about her," The table exchanged a few laughs, and some witty remarks about me and whoever the mystery 'girl' was that I was texting.

A/N:
Hey, just wanted to say that I am going to try not to give up on this book. I want to actually trying to finish something. Anyways hope chapter two was good enough. I'm trying. : ). Bye, guys! <3