- 4 -

Unknown P.O.V.

Watching her give her food to the small boy warmed my heart.

The way she smiled at the child and looked away, as if somewhat tricking the boy into thinking that if he were to not take the food, it would be wasted. A playful, gentle smirk splashed on her face as the boy finally took the food. The way the sly smirk morphed into a bright smile as he took his first first bite.

I broke a soft smile as the boy's cheeks lit up with rosy hues.

I discovered her name this morning, from the older woman at the food cart. I heard her call her Marinette.

Marinette.

Such a sweet name, the way it rolls off my tongue makes my toes curl.

She left her hair down and let it fall in waves down her back, only a couple strands making their home on her chest. The color of her dress made her beautiful skin shine and her startling blue eyes pop.

It was harder to remain unseen in the daylight, especially while watching her, but not anywhere near impossible. Not after so much practice.

I hide in the alleyways that are blocked from sunshine, shifting around in the shadows to remain invisible. I snicker as people walk right past me, it's a perk and a curse.

Climbing a dark, mossy wall, I reach the top of a building and make myself comfortable. Usually I stayed away in the daytime, only drifting into town to steal some fresh foods from the carts and stores when townspeople had their backs turned. Though food was not needed today, the forest wasn't near as appealing as her delicate features.

I wish I could hear her small talk with the boy, charming she was indeed. The boy looks in awe of this Bambi, but I couldn't blame him. As she finishes with the boy, she stands up straight and dusts herself off. As she drops a couple silver coins into his small cup, I wonder if she will be taking her seat near the forest today. It would certainly give me a better view and was surrounded by much less dangerous consequences.

Her long legs draped over by her dress began carrying her away and out of my sight. I furrow my eyebrows and huff. Suddenly, a thought comes to my mind. I close my eyes and take a breath, then jump off the roof into a deserted alley.

"Plagg, claws in." I whisper.

My body is saturated in warmth as a green light surrounds me. My black cloak disintegrates off my shoulder and head, the ears falling to the floor of the roof and falling apart into dust. My black pants fade into a dark brown and the black shirt bleaches into white. Clean black shoes appear on my feet and replace the textured fabric that gave me amazing grip. My clawed hands retract and I see my skin toned color hands for the first time in months. My face is freed from the black coating and I take in a deep breath. Running my fingers through my blonde hair, I sigh. Finding my reflection in an old mirror conveniently thrown away at the base of the building, I take in what stares back at me.

Or rather, who.

I had grown accustomed to the electric green eyes staring back at me, and the gentle jaded eyes that were now glancing at me were unsettling. The lack of fabric ears left a mental gap on my head.

"Adrien, why would you choose now?"

I pry my eyes from the rusted reflection and shift my gaze to the small floating cat creature in front of me. His big electric green eyes I was used to feel as if they're staring into my soul.

"I'm sorry, Plagg." I whisper. Why had I done it? I honestly couldn't say. Something Marinette had done coaxed the words out of my mouth without me even realizing it.