Chapter XII : The Hippogriff Incident

(Chapter 12)

Annabeth 's POV :

Today we have Care of Magical Creatures with Griffindors, wich means that I have to face again the Golden Trio. Perfect! (note that sarcasm). That's the last thing I wanted to do. Eh, at least I would see a Hippogriff , finally.

I have made myself to swear not to tell anyone what the voices say or what I hear in others thoughts. It's the Golden Rule I made for myself, for survival. If I broke it, I would be punished.

I walked down into the Slithering Common Room, and found my dearest cousin waiting for me, sitting on the green couch.

When he saw me he stood up and came towards me.

"Are you ready for your first day as a Slithering? "

I looked around the Common Room to make sure no one was there so I could speak.

" Yeah... I think " I whispered in a hushed tone.

" Come on then. We don't want to lose the Breakfast now, do we? "

" Draco, you know that I won't eat anyways "

" Come on, just try. For me "

After some seconds of silence I finally answered.

" Fine "

[[[[[[After Breakfast]]]]]]

I stood in front of two of the fattest and meanest boys of the whole Hogwards.

" Grabbe, Goyle, this is Annabeth Hill. You are going to treat her like you treat me, you understand? "Draco asked.

The two boys hesitantly nodded their heads.

" Good "

He turned back to me and took my hand, and we started walking towards Hagrid's hut.

I zoned out till a loud voice brought me out of my thoughts.

" Come on, hurry. Today I have a surprise for you. Are we all here? Good, follow me! "

Hagrid led us towards a glade.

" Gather around the fence! Now, I want you to open your books "

" How? "Draco asked with his usual cold voice from beside me.

" Excuse me? "Hagrid asked.

" How do we open them? "Draco repeated,while he took out his copy of the book.

I took out mine, the whole class coping my move. But the difference was that the other class had their books forced closed with belts, ropes and some other with chains. While I was the only one that had it without anything to keep it closed.

Then, I understood that I was the only one that knew how to open the book, as much as how to calm in down.

"You - you don't know how to open your books? "Hagrid asked with a slightly disappointed tone lacing his voice.