Ibuki's Performance

POV - Ibuki Mioda

I plugged my guitar into the amp. I was lucky enough to find a compatible power outlet nearby! Get ready world, here comes Ibuki Mioda!

As the sun was setting that fateful Saturday night, everyone nearby was setting up to show off their talents, just like they did every week. I had my guitar case open nearby, hoping someone wanted to throw some cash in there. I wasn't really doing it for the money, but it sure is a nice perk! 

Out of nowhere, I began playing one of the songs I had written a couple days ago. Most of the time I just completely wing it, and my written songs are just a warm-up. Heads were already turning towards me, probably because I was playing so loudly. After a while, I got completely lost in my own music. I wasn't thinking about anything, or anyone, or even my surroundings. I was just.. playing. It felt good to be in the zone for a bit. I had no idea how much time had passed. Minutes, hours, maybe even days..

I looked up and noticed three girls standing around me. One had long purple hair and bandages on her arms and legs, and looked absolutely terrified. Another had shorter red hair, was carrying a camera, and had a mixed expression on her face. The last, the shortest of the bunch, was blond and had twintails that, not gonna lie, kinda looked like two bananas. She looked like she was having a great time. 

"Hey, a crowd! You guys enjoying the show?" I gave the three a cheerful smile. 

"Well, Hiyoko looks happy.." The red-haired girl replied, casually returning the smile.

The girl with the banana hair just clapped and said "That was awesome! Play more, play more!"

The girl with the long purple hair squeaked in horror.

"You guys seem cool, what're you called?" I cheered.

"I'm Mahiru Koizumi, and this is Hiyoko Saionji." The red-haired girl answered, and put her hand on the banana-haired girl's head.

"A-And I'm M-Mikan Tsum-miki.." The purple haired girl whispered. She had a really high voice, and she seemed really meek. Tsu-meek-i. What does meek even mean?

"Oh, you guys go to the same school as Ibuki, don't you? Mikan, aren't you in my math class?" 

Mikan gave me a shy nod. "I-Is it okay that I-I remember? D-Do you w-want me to f-forget..? Do y-you want to t-take my money? Y-You can h-have it if you w-want.."

"Woah, slow down! I'm not gonna steal your money, but if you really wanna throw some in the case, I wouldn't say no.." I glanced at the guitar case. 

As I said that, Hiyoko immediately grabbed Mahiru's wallet and threw some of her cash into the case before she could react. "Play more, play more!" Hiyoko urged.

"If ya say so!" I gave her a thumbs-up before continuing to play.