4

Haven't edited this yet. There might be typos and grammatical errors.
——————————————————-
It had been a week. A whole week ever since the whole typhoon happened. She would see him in some events or parties but they would barely talk, feeling the awkwardness.

Now, she was getting ready for another party. This time, it was hosted by her mother. Their new line had really been very successful. The same line Lily complimented a week ago.

She looked at her reflection in the mirror, looking closely at herself, taking some time to ask herself a question.

Was she happy? The word had been so foreign to her. She felt incredibly incomplete without him. There was a hole in her heart only he could fill. No one else.

"Dear, the guests are arriving." She heard Eleanor's voice at her right side. She was dressed in her own design where she looked very beautiful.

The older brunette noticed her daughter's uneasy expression. "Are you okay?" She asked softly, putting her hands on top of her shoulders where she squeezed lightly.

"I don't know. I'm miserable." Blair scoffed in a bitter tone. "It's like. . . I'm this whole other person without him. And it's turning me into a monster who just wants to unleash itself to its enemy." Eleanor sighed, feeling a bit of sad for her daughter.

"Even moguls have hearts, dear" Blair smiled at her words and nodded. "I thought you said you didn't love him anymore." The older brunette made Blair face her, a look of regret in her face.

"I lied. I. . . I was confused. He hurt me and I didn't want him- and myself to know that despite his despicable actions, he still remains in my heart." Blair was on the verge of crying, but did her best to avoid to do so.

She didn't want a makeup filled face when she'd show herself downstairs.

"I understand, Blair. Sweetheart, you're feelings are valid. But your feelings for Charles are also real. You can't just ignore that. I have no right to tell you what your decision should be but as your mother, I do feel the need to give you some advice. I want what's good for you."

Blair hugged her mother and felt the warmth in her embrace. They barely do this. And everytime they do, it would always feel so special.

"I think I know what I want." Blair smiles and takes a deep breath.

"Then go for it. You have my full support." She kisses her daughter's head one last time before going downstairs to greet guests. Blair decides to stay in her room for 5 more minutes for the finishing touches on her hair and face.

Her brown curls were down, sitting so perfectly in her shoulders. She wore a red lipstick, which matched her sleeveless red dress from Chanel. Red always suited her and the possibility of Chuck's presence tonight made her. . . want to look good.

Chuck, on the other hand, was sitting in the side of the bed where Blair had used to lie on. He held the Harry Winston ring box on both of his hands, feeling the void in his heart.

He'd really been stupid. For 2 years, him and Blair had been playing a game, only to know they were both going to win in the end. And he wasted that.

Tonight was Eleanor's victory party and it would be celebrated in their very own penthouse. Blair would be there and the thought scared him. For the past few days he'd been trying any possible run-ins, knowing she would be hurt by the sight of him.

Still, his whole body itched to touch Blair again. It had been way too long.

"Chuck." He freezes in his spot when he hears the voice with that thick accent. He attempts to hide the box in his coat pocket but Eva had managed to steal a glance.