The Award Show

It was official. My life was going to be over.

It was a nice breezy night in Los Angeles and instead of relishing it, I was racing inside the annual "WeView Award Show" event building from the car that had been given for me to use for this special occasion. It was quite a ravishing ride but whoever the driver was, had been going two miles per hour to get here fast through the bustling Saturday night traffic and I was running late.

Not giving up through the dark tinted hallways of the venue, I began panting and panicking worried as I suddenly heard the MC shrieking through the intercom.

"Ladies and gentlemen welcome back! Our next category up will for "The Best Videos of the Year!" So buckle up, and get ready for the main event of the night!" He called out.

More sweat, exhaustion, and almost tears started to takeover my body, as I could hear the crowd of 10,000 people shouting, chanting, and cheering happily.

Even my 22 year old legs couldn't take much more of this longer.

However with just hearing that announcement, I was on a bigger time crunch than I thought and had to get back to the main auditorium. This event was huger than anything I would possibly ever do, including my wedding someday.

The WeView Award Show showcased famous social media influencers from their website. Often many people wondered what an influencer was. If they knew of it, they sometimes didn't know much about it.

I on the other hand, were among those fews once upon a time and at this point was really surprised I'd been part of this industry for so long. It was a strange and crazy one honestly.

People from around the world got fans from just doing things in their everyday life, whatever content they wanted to put out to increase subscribers, and they got to make a difference and be a role model to anyone who watched their reality show if one wanted to put it in a fancy way.

The best part of it all...they got paid for basically just existing.

That influencer half the world adored so much and cries at the sight of seeing a second of her...was London Lynn, my older sister.

London was a huge deal to the social media life being a beauty and lifestyle personality.

She had over 30 million followers on all platforms, 10.5 million subscribers to her channel, was always invited to all the hottest parties and events, given all paid expensive trips from Fiji to Hawaii, and got free merchandise from designers and big name companies just by wearing their t-shirts or trying their products.

London was the girl everyone nearly knew or dreamed to be.

For me however, I didn't exist to hardly anyone and I had accepted that throughout the years.

None of that mattered anyway because all I had on my mind right now was one job, being London's personal assistant while waiting for her name to be heard or she would literally kill me.

Make it back on time.

I had already managed to grab her food she had made me ordered for her, so she didn't have to wait too long for the after party if she was hungry.

Last time I was late for something as big as this simply because I had to pee really bad, she had locked me in my own room for a week forced to write 500 sentences on why I should've held it in.

My sister was definitely a tough pill to swallow but it was purely based on her upbringing by our parents and everyone around her.

See, London was viewed always the favorite in the family and got spoiled rotten because she was class president in high school, on the honor roll every year, head cheerleader, had many friends and rich boyfriends, and won Prom Queen. Every. Single. Year.