Chapter Five

Billie
After I dropped Elle off and went home I sat in my bed thinking about what happened.

I wonder what had caused her panic attack. I mean I know sometimes they can come out of nowhere but that's never happened before at least not with me.

I decided not to worry about it too much. We're not exactly friends in her eyes so I'm not really entitled to know anything. I just hope she'll be okay.

-next day-

Elle wasn't at school the next day which worried me to no end. I knew technically I shouldn't have anything to worry about but I couldn't help but think that she hurt herself.

As I was grabbing things out of my locker for my first period I felt a tap on my shoulder causing me to turn around.

"Hey Billie um I'm Alexis, Elles friend?"

"Oh yeah, she's talked about you I think. Hey do you know if she's coming to school?" I figured if anyone would know it would be her.

"Uh she'll be here later but I actually wanted to talk to you. See I was just wondering if you maybe wanted to go out with me sometime?"  She asked flirtatiously, running her fingers up my arm.

"Like on a date?"

"That's the idea. What do you say?"

"Sorry Alexis, I already got my eye on a girl."

Her demeanor changed immediately, she rolled her eyes as she backed away from me and sighed.

"Listen, I know you like Elle. But you don't wanna be with someone like her, she's not your type and I can tell you are not hers." She snapped. Though she kept her tone rather soft.

I scoffed.
"Who are you to decide what my type is? Or hers for that matter?"

"I'm her best friend, I know her and I have known her since we were babies. She's a mess Billie, she always has been. She can't give you what you want, or what you need. I can."

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes.
"Uh huh, and how do you know what I want?" Actually don't even answer that. Look it was..nice talking to you Alexa-"

"Alexis." She corrected.

"Yeah I don't care but imma give you a word of advice: bestfriends don't talk bad about each other behind their backs. I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here but I can tell you right now it's not gonna work on me."

I slammed my locker shut before walking closer to her. "Are we clear?"

She sighed annoyed before giving me a once over. "Fine. Your loss." She said before walking off to her class.

I shook my head in disbelief. Some best friend she is.

Elle
I woke up feeling extremely dizzy, probably from the blood loss of last night. I stood up and practically fell to the ground, I sat there for a moment before stumbling out of my room and downstairs into the kitchen.

I decided that I needed to eat something small so I wouldn't pass out at school. I knew I had already missed half of first period so that's great. I got myself an apple and ate it while I tried my best not to immediately puke it back up.