Chapter-1

Erina's p.o.v

" Mujhe Sarab ki payse chahiye( I want money for alcohol)," Abbu(father) said angrily and we heard a slapping sound echoing through the whole room. We also heard Ammi's crying sound indicating Abbu has slapped Ammi very hard.

We are listening to everything from the kitchen. We are crying for our mother and praying to Allah to stop all the tortures on her.

I looked at my sisters who are already looking at me with their teary eyes.

It's early in the morning and I am in the kitchen with my sisters. We are preparing breakfast for our father who is busy abusing our mother. It's not the first time that he is abusing her. It has become a habit for him to beat my mother like an animal. If we try to stop him then he doesn't bother to raise his hand on us as well.

" Hum apko ek futi kori bhi nehi denge. Woh payse hum Eshal ki college fees ki liye bacha kar rakhe hey( I will not give a single penny to you. I have kept the money for Eshal's college fees)," I heard Ammi replied angrily with her trembling voice.

Abbu said roaring like a lion," I will see how you don't give me money."

After that, we started hearing Ammi's numerous crying and begging. We heard Abbu's abusive languages and Ammi's screaming of pain.

The more time was going and the more Ammi's screaming was getting louder. If Abbu continues to beat Ammi like that then she will be dead very soon.

I couldn't control myself anymore and run into my room. I took out my salary of this month and ran towards my parent's room.

" Don't hurt her anymore. I am giving you the money," I said entering into the room and forwarded my right hand which was having money.

He took the money from my hand and said giving a glare to my mother," I am leaving her right now. If she again denies giving me the money then I will not spare her."

Saying all these he left the room and I ran towards my mother who is lying on the floor with her injured body.

" Don't cry, Ammi. Everything will be fine," I said helping my mother to get up from the floor.

Ammi said hissing in pain," I will die one day tolerating all his beatings."

" Ammi, just let me complete my graduation. After my graduation, I will take a good job and leave this house with you and my sisters. Don't worry," I said hugging my mother tightly where tears aren't stopping from my eyes.

I am consoling my mother when I heard Abbu's angry voice from the dining room. I am wondering what happened now.

He yelled from there," Yay roti hey!! ( Is this bread). Kisne banaya hey yay( who made this?). Why is it so hard?

Without wasting any time I went into dining room and found him yelling at my sisters. They are just looking down and trembling because of fear.

" I made the bread," I said and he looked at me so angrily like he will eat me alive anytime.