chapter fourteen

"Come on! Hurry up!" George is pacing in the Common Room as we all dwindle into the room with our stuff. We were headed to the Burrow for Christmas today and since we all stayed up so late last night, none of us were particularly peppy.

I groan and George shoots me a glare, "Save it Maddie. I didn't force you to stay out all night. That's your own fault."

Fred, who is standing beside me, groans as well and we both laugh to each other as we watch George shake his head.

We were going to use the floo network to get there so George steps into the fireplace and shouts, "Home!"

All of the Weasleys go first, Fred kissing me before taking off. Then, Harry, Hermione, Neville and myself follow.

I land in the Weasley's fire place with a thud, "Ow!"

I hear Molly shout, "Oh heaven's dear! Are you alright? How is my future daughter-in-law?" Molly helps me up and engulfs me in a hug. I hug her back and laugh, "Oh, I'm fine! It's great to see you again!"

I look over to Fred, who's face is bright red from his mother's comment and I give him a wink. When Molly lets me go, she holds my face in her hands, "I hope Fred is being good to you!"

She gives me a pat and I smile, "Of course! Always."

When Molly lets me go, Arthur is next to greet me with hugs, "Madeline! I am so happy you are back! And no doubt, I'm happy my son finally got the guts to ask you out!"

I laugh at his comment and break away from his embrace, "Actually, Mr. Weasley," I look over at Fred who is frantically waving his hand under his chin, telling me to stop. I wink at him again and continue, "I actually am the one who asked him."

Arthur gasped and I laugh. Fred shakes his head and his father wraps an arm around me, leading me to the living room.

"Please, do tell." Mr. Weasley says and I smile to him.

Molly comes in after us, "Oh honestly Arthur, let the girl breathe!"

"It's okay, I don't mind." I sit with Arthur on the couch and Molly sits in an armchair as I begin to explain.

I felt very comfortable around the Weaselys, I always have. And if I got the chance to embarrass Fred, I was most definitely going to take it.

"Well, you see, Fred and I were actually fighting quite a bit when we had come back to Hogwarts. A lot of girls were into him because of the Death Eater attack apparently."

"So naturally, you were jealous." Mr. Weasley chuckled and Molly rolled her eyes, "Shut it Arthur. Go on Maddie!"

George enters the room, with Fred in a headlock and I start laughing.

George bellows, "Oh, she was jealous alright! They were both driving me absolutely mad with how annoying they were being!"

I roll my eyes, "Okay, okay! That's a bit dramatic."

Fred pushed George off of him and shakes his head, coming to sit next to me.

"Dramatic?" George looks at me with wide eyes and turns his attention to his dad, "She was so mad about Fred taking other girls out that she dated bloody Diggory to get back at him!"

Arthur burst out laughing and Molly gasps, "Cedric?" She looks at me with wide eyes and I smile sheepishly as my cheeks burn, "Okay yes! I did do that, but hey! It worked didn't it?"

Everyone in the living room was laughing now and I was shaking my head. Fred wrapped his arm around my shoulder, giving me a squeeze of reassurance and I rolled my eyes at George, who was egging on his parents.