*°•○Part Two○•°*

Louise led the way back to their blanket under the window. Once she and Hans sat down, the little fairy settled more comfortably in the girl's palm.

"I come from Terra Sonalis," she said, her tiny white fingers playing with the lacy hem of her long, red dress.

"And... where is that?" Louise asked her as they all heard another clap of thunder, sounding low and distant now. Even the patter of raindrops on the roof was slowly morphing into a whisper.

"On the other side of the lake, of course."

"Yes, of course. Since when?" Hans asked, glancing at the little winged thing sitting on his friend's palm reproachingly, convinced that she was fibbing.

Then he looked at Louise, explaining, "There are just more trees on the other side of the lake. I have been there many times, there is no fairy land..."

"Not there, silly." The fairy scowled at him. "Not your side of the lake, but mine. You have to swim through, not across, to get there."

"Do you mean... dive to the bottom and swim through?" Louise asked, her eyes sparkling with curiosity. Not even the ill-health could tame her adventurous spirit.

"Exactly!" Rosalind agreed, jumping to her feet. "You're the smarter one of the two, right?" she added, looking at Louise admiringly as Hans shook his head.

"No," he decided, having divined his friend's intentions. "You are not going to dive to the bottom of the lake."

"Why?" Louise asked, standing up.

"Yes, why?" Rosalind echoed, both the girl and the fairy now standing tall, their shoulders squared in challenge, towering over poor Hans.

He scrambled to his feet too and tried to argue. Honestly, he tried. But he already knew that if Louise decided to go, he would follow her. He just... could not refuse her anything, and she knew it.

"Because Louise is not feeling well," he told Rosalind.

"That's exactly why you should take her to my world!" she exclaimed, pacing across the girl's palm impatiently, her small, fisted hands flying in the air above her head in frustration. "Louise will feel better there. And I need your help... Please? See, there is this Butterfly Fairy boy I need to find... " she added, looking at Louise imploringly.

"And how do you know that? How do you know that she will feel better in your world?" Hans asked even as Louise started coughing again.

"Because I can see your future, if you must know."

"Is that true? That is amazing... " Louise breathed, her free hand pressed over her lungs as Hans ran both of his through his damp, chestnut hair. The two girls were exasperating.

Louise looked at him, a small smile playing on her lips. He cared so much for her; she knew it. She should not insist, but... she had not felt this excited and happy in a long time. Soon, the endless winter would come, and their parents would keep her closed inside their small house for months on end because she was always worse when the weather was cold and humid. Louise craved this adventure, needed it, she would help Rosalind whether Hans approved or not.

"I am sorry, Hans. I must go with her."

"Are you really sure that she will feel better in your land, Rosalind?" Hans called after them when they started to walk towards the door.

He looked around hastily, desperation clouding his thoughts. What was he supposed to do?! After a moment of thought, he decided to leave all their belongings in the old shed and follow the girls.

"Yes, yes, I'm sure. Oh, I nearly forgot, I mustn't leave this behind!" Rosalind exclaimed, spreading her silvery wings and flying a few steps back.

From the folds of her dress, she produced a tiny wand. After she whispered something that Hans and Louise could not comprehend, the shard of the mirror lying in the corner of the shed floated towards her. Once Hans opened the door, it preceded them, still floating, outside.