off the deep end

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

julie stood awkwardly on stage as everyone murmured in confusion, waiting for an explanation. but julie hadn't spoken a word, she was yet to think of an excuse.

the lighting technician jogged onto the stage, "hey, where'd the rest of the band go?"

"wait... were those holograms?" one of the girls in carrie's group, kayla, asked aloud.

"yes!" julie pointed at her and nodded, that was a brilliant idea that she hadn't thought of. "yes, they were holograms." she chuckled lightly, "i plugged it into the ceiling projector before the show. i'd explain it, but it involves algorithms and science stuff."

they all started clapping again, finally understanding. stasie spotted the boys in the corner of the stage and made her way over to them.

"you guys did great!" she grinned.

"thanks, stasie." reggie smiled.

"thank you." luke nodded.

"it was pretty nerve-racking up there." said alex.

"it wouldn't have been if you-" stasie started.

"pictured everyone in their underwear?" reggie cut her off, "if anything, that'd make him more nervous."

"hey!" alex glared at him, slightly offended but he knew it was true.

"that's wild." luke started, grabbing their awareness, "t-they could see us when we were playing, but not when the music ended."

"we should double-check." reggie suggested. he climbed up the stage steps and began wiggling his behind in a circular motion.

"reggie-"

"yeah, i don't..." he stopped and moved back down, "i don't think they can see us."

"i speak for stasie and i, when i say wish i couldn't see you." alex shivered.

"yes, you do." stasie approved.

"okay people, show's over." principal lessa announced, "let's get back to class, please."

"what was that?" carrie scolded her friend before mimicking her, "were those holograms?"

"hey there." reggie introduced himself, following the two as they walked away, "hi. reggie."

"what even is that?" carrie continued, clearly not acknowledging him, "what was that?" she was bothered by julie's whole show, overpassing dirty candy's performance.

"could i call you sometime?" reggie didn't stop, "what's your number?"

alex noticed the slightly sullen expression on stasie's face, nudged luke and smirked. luke was slower than his friends, so it took him a couple of looks between stasie and reggie to understand what alex was referring to. once he put two and two together, he lighly giggled to himself. someone had a crush.