🕯 chapter 1

Manhattan Kansas, April 2028

it was a sunday night, Octavia was walking down a isle at a small corner store. looking through the sodas. She grabbed a bottled Dr.Pepper and walked to the cash register messing around with her sweatshirt string as she handed the cashier a $5 bill
" Keep the change." she muttered quietly before taking the soda and walking outside. Her mom died at the age of twelve from an explosion, she was the only survivor since her dad went to the military . The cause of the explosion was unknown .

Ever since she's been going from foster home to foster home. Until her 15th birthday, she ran. as fast as she could.She walked down the sidewalk down to a part of town named AggieVille. she sat down on a bench and sipped her Dr.Pepper, Octavia wasn't really the one to be rude or talk to others.

she kept to herself and usually stayed invisible. she pulled out a book and set it on her lap. it was a Harry Potter book. it was her favorite, she read silently before someone sat next to her. "What are you reading?" a soft voice spoke. She didn't respond thinking she would leave, But she didn't.

"Well you sure are quite." The woman joked . She attempted to touch the book in order to see the title but Octavia smacked her hand as hard as she could out of instinct. she quickly stood up and turned to her "Oh my god- i'm so sorry.." she said in shock, "It's alright , i'm used to a little pain" she said standing up. "I'm Caroline ." "I'm Octavia." she responded

A tall man and a teen girl came out of nowhere from the corner of her eye. "Octavia Blake?" the man questioned. Octavia turned her head quickly. "Who are you?" she asked taking a few steps from both of the men. "Calm down it's okay. I'm Alaric Saltzman." he said

"what do you want from me?" she said slightly frightened. "I own a school in Virginia, I'd Like to take you there." she looked at Caroline and Alaric not noticing the girl. Octavia took a few steps back accidentally bumping into Elijah before making a run for it, Caroline used his vampire speed to grab her "Hope do it!" he shouted as Octavia struggled to get out of his reach .

The girl spoke in a language Octavia didn't recognize and then it went black. "Let's get her to the school, the sleeping spell should last until in the morning." Alaric said as he picked up Octavia.

Authors note:

Hey y'all! I began this story in March 2021, and then continued it into June 2021, I know it's boring in the beginning and i'm sorry, but it gets better! Please give it a chance! Thank you very much!