🕯Page 8

(only play the song when i say so lolz)

It's been a week with no response, no notes, no information from Dr.Saltzman or Hope. At this point I'm just over it. I sat at my desk in my room with a small candle in front of me. If I really have magic maybe I can light it. I took a deep breath and shut my eyes, after a minute I slightly opened one to see if anything was happening. Literally nothing, I heard my door open since I don't even bother locking it anymore . "What are you doing?" A confused voice asked.

I opened my eyes and saw it was Hope, "I'm trying to do magic or something, which is something I never thought I'd say out loud." I admitted leaning back in my chair. She smiled slightly and sat on the edge of my bed, I turned around in my chair to look at her. "What's up?" I asked her, "Just wanted to know how you are." She said, "I'm fine, why?" I questioned her. She exhaled, "After everything I'm just surprised you are just, 'fine'." She answered. "What do you mean by that?" I asked her tilting my head slightly confused.

"Your mom dying randomly, your dad being missing." She said, "My dad isn't missing Hope, he is fine. My moms death was a freak accident." I dismissed, Why is she bringing this up. "That's still a lot to go through." She said, "I don't want to talk about this, can you go please."

I asked her, she nodded and left. When I go through things like loosing someone, conflict, an argument, my personal coping style is ignoring the problem until it goes away. I shed a few tears then move on.

People waste time crying, I have things to do I can't waste time missing people and feeling sorry for myself. It's gotten me through two years and it can get me through my life. I don't even want to think about it anymore. So I don't, I grab a book and walked down the hall finding a couch near the entrance and sitting down. I opened my booking hoping I can have some peace and quiet for once.

Until I heard people talking about some party at some old mill near the school. ''Wait this school has parties?" I asked surprised, "Yea, It starts at 9pm. Make sure Dr.Saltzman doesn't find out." the guy said before walking away, "hm, Shocker." I thought to myself. I saw Josie walked down the hall "Hey Josie!" I called out getting her attention

"Yea?" she asked turning her head towards me and stopped walking. "You going to that party tonight?" I asked her "Yea, want me to show you were it is?" She offered. "Yes, thank you!" I said. "Anytime" She smiled and walked off. I laid back on the couch waiting for the slow slow time to go by.

After a few hours it was 8pm, I went to my dorm and locked my door. I opened my closet door and looked through it, "Damn there's no shit to wear." I whispered to myself looking at the closet full of clothes. I grabbed a dark green crop top and a black flowy mini skirt, paired with a cropped leather jacket and black ankle boots . I let down my hair and messed with it, a few days ago I decided to listen to the internet and give myself curtain bangs. It's not that bad honestly.

I walked out of my room down the hall as usual and a girl I've seen but not met before. "Hey." she says, "Hey." I replied "I'm Penelope, and you are?" She asked. "I'm Octavia, but my friends call me Tavia." I said, "Well Tavia-" She began before I cut her off. "Who said you were my friend?" I said before I saw Josie walk up towards us, Josie and Penelope looked at each other, the tension was real.

"Let's go Jo?" I suggested breaking the awkward silence. "Yea" she said looking at me while we walk outside towards the woods. "Who was that?" I asked while we walked, "My ex." she responded "Literal Satan reincarnate." She added "ohhh, do you still like her?" I asked she shook her head in response as we showed up to the party, most of the school was already there and I saw Hope, she waved us over. Me and Josie both walked up to Hope, "Hey Tavia, hey Josie." She greeted "Hey Y'all" I responded "Don't Southern people say y'all?" Hope asked, "Are you discriminating against Kansan's?" I say jokingly.

(feel free to play the song at the top)

Hope nodded "Yes" we all laughed "Where's that bitchy Barbie?" I asked looking around. "I'm here, I'm here." With 4 drinks that she handed to each of us keeping one for herself. "You are already drunk? The party started hardly an hour ago!" I said before taking a sip of the drink she gave us before scrunching my nose and making a kissed face from the taste "God what is this." I asked "Tequila, rum, and something else I cant remember." Lizzie replied for drinking it, I swished it around my cup before drinking it again.

"First time drinker?" Hope asked, I nodded in response "This will be fun." She chuckled and drank most of the mysterious concoction Lizzie made. After a few drinks Hope and Lizzie went off to talk to MG while me and Josie stayed where we sat. "Hey Jo?" I asked, at this point I was pretty tipsy. "Yea?'' she replied looking at me, "How did you know you liked girls?" I asked her. "I think I just always have, I just see love, gender doesn't define love for me." She said slurring some of her words. "You my friend, are a very wise drunk." I said getting up holding my hand out, "come on. We need to dance." I offered and Josie took my hand.

We walked over to Hope and Lizzie, "Come on lets dance!" I shouted over the music as Josie grabbed Lizzie's hand and I grabbed Hope's. We walked over to the middle of the place and began dancing. I don't remember the last time I remember having this much fun. Dancing with the music, being with real friends.

We were all jumping up and down moving with the music, other people started joining in, all the worries went away as Hope and I began dancing together. Laughing and having fun. The music began to die out and I grabbed shots for everyone, I handed them to the three girls. "To finally having fun for once!" I shouted out slurring my words from the amount of alcohol I've consumed. "To having fun!" they repeated and we all downed our shots.

The next morning:

I woke up on the floor of my room, I had to blink for a sec trying to regain full vision. I groaned and at up seeing Josie sleeping on the edge of my bed curled in a ball with Lizzie on the other side with her. And hope sleeping a foot away from me. "guys... guys." I mumbled trying to wake them up. Josie slowly woke "What time is it?" she mumbled rubbing her eyes. Lizzie woke up "What day is it." Lizzie  asked.

I reached for my phone and my eyes widened. "It's 9:20am,  Oh we are so screwed." I said nervously "Hope wake up!" I said, she opened her eyes "What happened?" she said sitting up. "What if my dad doesn't find out." Josie said reassuringly, then the door opened. Great, it was Dorian. "Girls, go to the office please." He said before walking back to the office.

We all got up and walked to the office, we sat down all together as we waited for Alaric to come back. I bit my nails anxiously, Hope noticed and gently pulled my hand away from my mouth. Dr.Saltzman came in and sat down infront of us. "Drinking? A party? On a school night? That is extremely irresponsible. I'm very disappointed in all of you, especially you Hope. I expected better." He scolded

. "That's not fair. Hope did as much as the rest of us did, you cant just single her out because she is special or something." I said defensively. "Octavia calm down." He said looking at me, "You will all be serving community service. The bus will be here in ten minutes.

I scoffed and we all got up and left, I was walking down the hallway when I hear my name being called out. "Hey Tavia!" Hope calls out, I turn around "Yea?" I asked. "Thanks for standing up for me." She said with a small smile, "Anytime." I replied smiling slightly, She pulled me into a hug, I dont remember the last time I had a genuine hug, It was nice, and comforting.