🕯Page 5

the next day

Octavia woke up, she sat up and and saw a Salvatore Boarding School uniform folded together nicely with a small paper note. She picked up the uniform and looked at the white button up shirt, blue plaid skirt, and the black blazer with the schools logo on it. she set them down on the bed and picked up the note, it was an Off-white paper with a red wax sealing with with an 'M' for Mikealson she assumed. She opened it, the letter read;

"𝑂𝑐𝑡𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑎,
𝐼 𝑠𝑒𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑢𝑛𝑖𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑚 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑦, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑤𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑖𝑡. 𝐼𝑓 𝑛𝑜𝑡, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑛 𝑖𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑀𝑟.𝑆𝑎𝑙𝑡𝑧𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑠 𝑜𝑓𝑓𝑖𝑐𝑒.

𝑆𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑟𝑙𝑦,
𝐻𝑜𝑝𝑒"

[Octavias POV]

I smiled softly reading the letter before looking back towards the uniform. I exhaled and got out of bed to put the uniform on. I looked at myself in the mirror "I look like i escaped from a Britney Spears music video." I said looking at my self in disgust, It's not like i have anywhere to go if i don't stay here. I parted my hair down the middle and fixed my curtain bangs before I stepped out of my 'temporary' dorm.

I walked down the hallway and some how I made my way to the kitchen, Josie was there sitting on the kitchen counter eating a bowel of cereal. "Hey Octavia" Josie said softly with cereal in her mouth, "Hey" I mumbled grabbing a banana. "What are you doing today? Have you told my dad that you are staying?" Josie asked looking up to me, I shook my head softly "I will though." I said adjusting my plaid skirt feeling the fabric.

"Well today me, Lizzie, Hope are going into town. We can show you around!" She offered, I looked up at her finished my banana "Sure, I guess" I muttered. "You need to have some fun." She smiled"Hey I do have fun, In.. my own way" I said defensively. "If you say so" Josie says before hopping off the counter and walking away.

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear as it fell beside my shoulder. I got off the counter and walked into the hall running into someone, "Oh hey Hope" I said, "Hey, Josie said you were coming to hangout." "Yea, thought it would be fun to 'hangout' for once" I said looking towards her.

"Great, I'm glad you are staying" She smiled softly putting her hand on my shoulder while talking and walked away I nodded and walked to my room. I looked back at the mirror and scoffed at myself "I look like an idiot." I said to myself pulling off the blazer and unbuttoning my shirt. I grabbed an olive green tee shirt and put on .

I walked over to my bed and Kneeled onto the floor, the old wooden floor creaked and grabbed my black leather ankle boots. I got up and slipped on my shoes and walked back to the door grabbing my black zip up jacket off the door knob and putting it on.

I walked out of my dorm and towards Dr.Saltzman's office. I was kinda nervous, im not sure why. probably because of my commitment issues, but oh well. This is my plan C aka my last plan, so either this or i'm screwed. I put my hand on the door knob and took a second, I took a deep breath before opening the door. Dr.Saltzman looked up at me

"Good morning Octavia, do you need something?" he asked "I just wanted to tell you im choosing to stay here." I said fidgeting slightly with my hoodie string, "Thanks for letting me know, I'm glad for you to be a student here" "Yea, thanks for taking me in. Well I should go now, bye." I said quickly trying to just get out of there.

I left the office and went to go look for Josie or Hope since im a genius and never gave them my number. "It'll be easy to find them" I reassured myself, not knowing how BIG this school is. About 2 hours later it was around 11:45 am and I finally found Josie. "There you are! Where have you been?" Josie asked me. "Looking for you guys, sorry about that I got lost" I admitted

"Well lets go and we can eat lunch at the grill." Josie offered taking me by the hand and taking me outside where Hope and Lizzie are. "Are you serious? The hobo needs to come?" Lizzie complained. "Its not that big of a deal, just last a day without any bitchiness. Please?" Hope asked lizzie as we walked over to them

"Fine whatever. Lets just go." Lizzie droned as she walked to an old van. "we are using dad's car? Does he know?" Josie asked hesitantly, "Its fine, what he doesn't know doesn't hurt him." Lizzie said with a smirk getting into the drivers seat.