Chapter 2 | First Leaves

-1 year later-

"Fitzroy Vacker, get down here right now!" A car door slammed loudly, echoing through the wide garage loudly.

The girl who had yelled this smirked, tossing her long dark chocolate hair triumphantly over her shoulder as her brother, his wild dark hair a mess, appeared in the doorway.

His face was flushed with what could've been from hurrying to the door or anger. Or both, maybe. "What, Biana?" He snapped.

"Wow. you came fast. I'm impressed." she spun her car keys on her finger, walking past him, into the house and set down the bag that was previously flung over her shoulder, followed by a burly man in a suit who lugged a few more (meaning about 6), a frown imprinted on his face "Thank you, Walter" she dismissed her bodyguard, before turning to her brother, "Mom called. She says she's mad at you for not taking me shopping and there's consequences for it."

This was in fact, true. Well, mostly. Their mother had called, and empathized with how annoying guys "In this family" could be when it came to shopping. She hadn't actually given the consequence, but that's where Biana was happy to fill in the gaps. Anyway, it would help him in the long run, so why not taunt him a bit through the process.

He stared at her for a second, his panting slowing down, before saying sharply, "What?"

She walked past him, walking to the stairs and stopping at the base of the ornate stairwell, "She's oh so terribly mad at you. So much I'm afraid you won't be able to go on your widdle date tonight," she gave him a mock pouty face.

His forehead wrinkled. He was really angry. Perfect. Biana hid a small smile.

"Wh-what?" He sputtered "Biana, you're telling me that you called mom to complain about me, and she, from thousands of miles away at sea, got mad at me and now I can't go on a date that only two people knew about?"

"Well, I would hope Sophie would know about it. I mean, she kind of is the other half of it. Brother! Have you not told her?"

He glared a thousand dangers at her, "You weren't supposed to know about that!"

She clicked her tongue, "Ah. Righhht. Well, maybe you should think twice about dating my best friend then. You know, that's kinda a thing girls do, we tell each other about our lives."

"We're not dating," he spat, "she doesn't like me."

"And yet you're getting pizza and watching a movie- a really romantic movie together, might I add?" She gave him an innocent look.

"Friends are not allowed to do that?"

"Of course they are." She turned up as in if before swiveling around, "but going to Love Cream after? And aloneeee? Normally two friends don't do that."

He sighed, "Why does that even matter?"

"Love Cream? Fitz, we both know that it's practically known for being a ice cream store for couples to go to. I don't think I've ever seen two people there who weren't a couple."

"I like the ice cream!" He threw his hands up in the air.

"Whatever. The point is; you can't go." She turned taking a few steps upward, suppressing her smile.

"W-what?" He sputtered angrily, "That's not how it works! You can't just do that. You have no means of keeping me here."

"Walter and Grizel have been informed as well. You can try to leave the house, but make sure to inform me first. I want to see the show that'll happen." She faced him again. "But anyway, I have homework to do, and I'm afraid that I can't talk to you anymore, so good day, brother. I'll see you later." She waved, before walking up the rest of the stairs, her head in the air confidently, the smoothly polished floor creaking quietly underneath her bare feet, leaving her brother downstairs, sputtering flustered and angry protests, of which she ignored gladly.

Entering her room a minute later, and shutting the door behind her she let out a giggle. Pulling out her phone, she quickly typed in her password, shooting a small smile at her lockscreen- her at the beach with her family and Keefe; Fitz laughing in the background, unaware to the approaching wave about to cause a scowl on his face, her mom and dad smiling, and her practically chocking Keefe as she feel off his back after an aggressive round of a Chicken Fight, them both cackling as they went down into the water- before clicking into her messages.

She typed a singular word, a small smile on her face, before sending it to a group chat.

Done.

Word count: 774

Haha, there you guys . That only took like, five months to write :) 

Thanks for all the support! I have big plans with this 

If you have any feedback I'd love to hear it!! 

Peace out y'all, and see you in like, five months if I get lazy, which I assume I will. 

AGM <3