Chapter Thirteen

━━━━     /     CHAPTER THIRTEEN . . .
Scream ✷ teen wolf

━━━━━ ∙ ∙ ∙ ━━━━━

               Eve waited in Stiles's jeep with him and Scott for Derek to leave his house. Once he left stiles drove up to the house, the three teens exiting the jeep. Scott and Stiles holding shovels and eve holding a flashlight.

"wait, somethings different." Scott said as the they approached the dug up dirt.

"different how?" stiles asked tossing his bag in the ground.

"I don't know. Let's just get this over with." Scott sighed both him and stiles dig into the dirt while eve held the flashlight.

"This is taking way to long." Scott grunted while he and stiles continued to dig.

"Just keep going," Eve said encouraging them on.

"What if he comes back?" Scott asked as he tosses another shovel full of dirt outside the hole.

"Then we get the hell out of here" stiles said as if it were obvious.

"What if he catches us?" Eve asked from her spot outside the hole.

"I have a plan for that too." Stiles replied.

"Which is?" Scott asked him.

"You run one way. Eve and I run the other. Whoever he catches first, too bad." Stiles answered.

"That's a terrible plan"

"I hate that plan," eve and scott both said at the same time.

"As stiles went to scoop up more dirt, the tip of his shovel hit something making a third sound.

Scott and stiles bent down and began to try and untie the knots in the rope. "Hurry" Scott said.

"I'm trying. Did he have to tie the thing in, like, 900 knots ."

"I'll do it," Scott said, the two of them untying the rest of the knots. When they opened the brown blanket the boys screamed, jumping out of the hole. stiles knocking Eve down causing her to fall too, stiles sent her a quiet apology.

"What the hell is that?" Stiles exclaimed as the three teens stared at a wolf's head.

"It's a wolf," Scott said.

"Yeah, I can see that." Stiles nodded "I thought you said you smelled blood, as in human blood."

"yeah, not this," eve added.

"I told you something was different," scott sighed.

"this doesn't make sense," stiles said staring at the wolf.

"we gotta get out of here," scott said, eve nodded.

"Okay, help me cover this up," stiles said reaching for the shovel only to stop when he noticed something in the dirt.

"What is it?" Eve asked him making Scott stop covering up the whole and look at stiles.

"You see that flower?" Stiles asked his two friends.

"What about?" Scott asked.

"Wolfsbane," eve said remembering the distinct purple flower from one of the books stiles had her read.

"What's that?" Scott asked.

"Uh... haven't you ever seen the wolf man?" Stiles asked Scott who shook his head. "Lon Chaney jr.? Claude rains? The original, classic werewolf movie?" Stiles continued to ask and scott continued to shake his head. "You are so unprepared for this." Stiles muttered.

"Agreed," eve nodded as stiles walked over to the flower and pulled on it a string being tied to its roots. He pulled on it going in a circle around the buried wolf's head, creating a perfect spiral.

As stiles pulled the last of the string Eve noticed something different in the hole. She tapped Scott on the shoulder who then looked in the hole, his eyes widening.

"Stiles," eve said his name making him look in the hole. there instead of the top half of a wolf laid the other half of the dead body.