[15] The Mother

"Your Majesty! Please! You're still sick, our Lady." Jihyo suddenly shrieked, nervousness traveled from the different points of her body, as the wife of King Hyuseok, Park Jiryeong. "J-Jihyo, I'm just worried for my son.." The queen told as she forced herself to walk towards Jeon Jeongguk's chamber, leaning on tha hallway's wall for support for her weak and fragile body.

"Your Majesty, if the King sees you like this and not resting, h-he'll be very angry!" Mina told, as Jihyo quickly nodded her head in agreement to persuade the said Queen, but the Queen doesn't budge and keeps on walking.

"My son needs a mother, Mina. Besides, as what you've already told me, Jeongguk hasn't been eating this past few days! And I'm his mother. You s-should know why I feel this way." The Queen of Busan told making the two personal maids nod in understanding. The queen's coughing very weakly but still made it towards Jeongguk's room.

But as they arrived in front of Jeongguk's room, the Queen turned to his maids, and then, smiled weakly. "P-Please, give us some time first." The love of the queen for his suffering son made Jihyo and Mina's heart melt as they both asked this question at the same time inside their minds. 'Why do they have to suffer and live with a father like Hyuseok?'

 The two maids bowed first before dismissing their selves in front of the queen. 'I haven't done anything f-for Jeongguk as his mother... T-This is a chance for me to tell him that w-whenever he's lost. I-I'm here who'll always find him.' The queen, Park Jiryeong thought as she sighed, before silently pushing the door open.

But as she pushed the door, she heard a melody full of sadness and loneliness. Her eyes immediately teared up seeing his son Jeongguk playing the guitar, crying as he sings the song, staring righ through his window, as if serenading someone he loves that wasn't really even there.

Where is my angel?
The end of a tiring day
Someone come and save me, please
Is overshadowed by a sigh

I guess everyone's happy
Can you look at me? 'Coz I am blue and grey
The tears reflected in the shadow means
My colors hide in the smile, blue and grey

I just wanna be happier
Melt me, I'm cold
I've reached out my hand countless times
The echo is colorless

Oh, this ground feels so heavier
I am singing by myself
I just wanna be happier
Am I being too greedy?

I still feel my heart
Breathe faster like when
I walked on the cold winter streets

Don't say you're fine
'Cause you are not
Please don't leave me alone, it hurts too much

I just wanna be happier
Please feel the warmth in my hands
They're cold, that's why I need more of you

Oh, this ground feels so heavier
I am singing by myself
If I laugh in the future far away
I'll tell you that I did

After taking back the words floating in the air
I now fall asleep at dawn, good night

Oh, this ground feels so heavier
I am singing by myself
I just wanna be happier
Am I being too greedy?

"Mom... Am I being too greedy?" Jeongguk asked, as he looked back still crying , facing his Mom who couldn't help but cry seeing Jeongguk yearning for his lover's death. "Son.." Park Jiryeong couldn't find any words to answer his son's question, but instead she went towards his son and just hugged him, comforting him.

"H-He's gone because of me... Mom, I couldn't even protect him. I love him so much b-but he's gone now.." Jeongguk cried, as he cried on his Mom's shoulder who just patted him. "It's not your fault, my son. It was never him nor your fault." Jiryeong told, as Jeongguk kept on crying, letting all the sadness rush through his tears.

"Mom, what does it feel like to be with the one you love 'till your last breathe with him?" Jeongguk asked, as he wiped his tears away, still looking outside the window, after seeing two lovebirds on the windowsill. "That is the most precious and lovely thing a man will ever cherish, my son."

"W-Why does all people are against me and Taehyung? Even fate took him away from me... forever. We love each other and I don't understand why can't they all see that?!" Jeongguk frustratingly told, as his tears are threatening to stream down his cheeks again.

"Son, every person can do everything for their loved ones, even tho it's almost insane. You should be willing to fight for it. Even tho it means burning your life down to hell."

"How can I fight for him when he's already gone?"

"Is your love for him... gone?" Jiryeon asked, making Jeongguk look to his mother and shook his head, 'no'. "Then, he's not gone yet. He's in your heart, telling you that the bond between you two will remain forever." Jiryeong told, as she patted Jeongguk's head, caressing his hair slowly.

"Will I ever see his smile again, Mom? Just... just one more time?" Jeongguk sobbed, as his heart drowned in the sea of grief and loneliness.

It breaks the queen's heart seeing his beloved son crying but at the same time she feels so happy. That someone had melted the stone cold heart of Jeongguk. That someone made Jeongguk's heart flutter when he smiles.

"I really wanted to see the person who you love most, son..." Jiryeong spoke, as she wiped her incoming tears. "But p-please, be strong. Even he doesn't want to s-see you like this. He doesn't wanna see y-you wrecked like this because of him. He wants to see you happy. So, please. Be strong... for Taehyung."

The words his mom told hugged his heart that's already broken into pieces. Telling him, that everything will be alright. "Be strong for him, s-son." Jiryeong told before wiping his son's tears, as she slowly stood up.

The queen caressed his son's face as Jeongguk only nodded as he prevents himself from sobbing again. "T-Thanks, Mom." He told, as Jiryeong only smiled. "You're welcome, son. I am your mother, after all." She spoke, before slowly exiting Jeongguk's room.

Jeongguk took his mother's words to heart as he slowly went to the windowsill, as he stared at the full moon, shining brightly behind the dark clouds. 

"Tae... I have seen the best and the worst of you, but I'll choose both. I want to share every single one of your sunshines and save them for later. 

I'll... I'll tuck them inside my pockets, and whenever I'm down, I'll always remember those times when you told me you love me. Your every smile, and every cute little things that always had me smiling. I've already had a hold of your hand, and I will never let go. I won't let go." He spoke, as the evening air embraced his skin as if it was Taehyung who was hugging him.

"I love you, Kim Taehyung... forever."