Chapter 7: Kill My Mind

if anyone has any song recommendations for the chapter names please lmk!

.•° ✿ °•.

"𝙱𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎. 𝙸𝚝'𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚙 𝚒𝚜 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐."

- 𝚁𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚁𝚒𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚗

.•° ✿ °•.

As they walked from the castle, Lily took control of the conversation, discussing how much she had loved Potions, and went on and on about the 'subtle science' and 'exact art' of it.

When the Greenhouses finally came in sight, Alice started to skip.

Then she stopped.

The girls stopped.

They looked at her.

She looked at them.

And they ran.

'WOOOHOOO!' they all shouted, racing each other down the hill.

As they neared the Greenhouses, the boys, who had been much farther up the hill, finally caught up with them.

'C'mon boys, let's beat 'em!' Sirius called out.

So Flo sped up. She ran with all her might, but Black was fast.

'Hello Rosier,' he smiled and looked to his side as he ran alongside her.

But she ignored him and continued to speed up.

Sirius watched her, dark eyes looking ahead, and dark hair whipping behind her. Her dark skin glowed in the sunlight. He took a quick breath in.

Taking advantage of Sirius's brief delay, the reason of which was unknown to Flo, she cut him off.

She reached out her hand, nearly at the glass wall, and finally, she slammed into it.

'I WON!' She shouted, running a victory lap around the rest of the contestants, and they each bowed as she ran past.

She came back up to Sirius, who got down on his knees and hailed her.

Flo rolled her eyes, but secretly, she was pleased.

'I guess there's a reason they call you the Runaway after all,' Sirius said as he stood.

'Shut up Black.' Flo giggled, turning to her left.

The Hufflepuff first-years stared at the running party, eyes and mouths open wide.

'What a bunch of Gryffindors.'

.•° ✿ °•.

'That was everything I thought it would be!' Alice squealed, skipping back up the hill. 'The plants? Did you see the Devil's Snare? And Professor Sprout's so nice. I can't believe she gave me fifteen points for knowing what fungi meant! But did you see the Devil's Snare?!'

'Yes Alice, it looked very interesting.' Flo didn't exactly understand Alice's obsession with Herbology. But anything that made her friend happy made her happy.

'Some of those Hufflepuffs were awfully stuck up though,' Mary said.

'Most of them were so nice!' Alice protested.

'Most of them were so boring, I think you mean.'

As the two girls continued to bicker on the virtue of the Hufflepuff, Lily and Flo started to have their own conversation.