Chapter 2: Good Days

SZA is my queen my icon and my face claim for Aurora (she doesn't have to be yours though!!!) 

.•° ✿ °•.

'𝙽𝚘 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚜 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚊𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛'

-𝚄𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗

.•° ✿ °•.

Aurora and Flo arrived in London with two weeks to buy supplies. Florence agreed to stay in the Leaky Cauldron during the day, and they shopped in the evening, both to avoid the crowds, and to soothe Aurora's paranoia.

The day before they set off to King's Cross, Aurora gave her daughter a surprise present.

'An owl!' Flo exclaimed.

'A brown owl darl,' her mother replied.

'Thank you!' she said, but there was one thing on her mind. 'How did you afford it?'

'Well, make sure you give Mr. and Mrs. Teller a big hug when you come home for the holidays, because I couldn't have done it without their help.'

Flo ran into her mother's stomach, who pulled her into a long embrace. The young girl resolved to write the old innkeepers a long letter of thanks.

'Right, we've got to go to sleep. Bonne nuit, mon amour.'

In the morning, they woke up, ate breakfast, and took the Knight Bus to King's Cross.

They travelled through the commuters, whose looks of confusion at their owl changed to wonder when they saw Aurora. 

The pink cardigan Flo had knitted for her when she was only 8, complimented Aurora's chocolate coloured skin. Her tightly coiled brown curls fell all the way to the jeans she had patched herself. But even with her homemade clothes, Flo's mother looked gorgeously elegant. 

.•° ✿ °•.

When she was very young, Flo had questioned her mother about marriage. Her mother had come home very tired, and she had asked her why she didn't just find a rich man to marry, so she didn't have to work as a barmaid anymore. 

'They've tried darl.'

'So why don't you say yes?'

'Your father's the only man I've ever wanted to marry Flossie.' she said, smiling down on her young girl. 'And anyway, there's more to life than wealth.'

'What Mama?'

The young woman pulled her daughter in for a hug, and kissed her on the top of her head.

 'L' Amour.'

.•° ✿ °•.

When Flo's mind finally came back to the platform, her mother had to stop her from crashing into the wall bearing a sign that read 'Number 8'.

'Wrong platform Floss' her mother said with a smile.

She followed her mother around the wall, and there it was. The wall she had heard so many bedtime stories about. She only had to run through it and it would be there. Platform 9 3/4.

'You ready?' Aurora said.

She looked up at her mother and took a deep breath.

'I think so.'

'Well don't think, just run!'

Laughing, they ran through the platform together, and right before the wall Flo closed her eyes, bracing for a crash, but they passed straight through. When she opened her eyes, she saw the large scarlett train, with smoke billowing from the top. A laugh escaped her mouth, and she turned to her mother to see her reaction, coming back to it after 11 years.