Chapter 68

*** Akali POV ***

It has been an hour and it is eating at my mind. Getting out of my seat I walk to the front of the plane, as I slide out of the seat Eve then raises herself in front of the corridor, giving us all a pained expression.

"There was an accident-"

"What happened!?" Ahri then asks, jumping out of her seat.

"Car-crash at an intersection."

Not even wanting to ask or say anything, I run to get past her but Eve doesn't move from the path, she holds her gaze.

"Akali... don't do this. We have a job to do-"

"Don't give me that bullshit Eve! What are we supposed to do? Abandon him when he needs us?! I. Am. Going. Do not stop me."

She lifts her hand, "I know you are hurting, but I need you to think about it and listen to-"

I look at the door and between her, I try to shove past her but she just as quickly pushes me back, "WHY ARE YOU STOPPING ME?!" I growl at her, feeling the tears about to erupt, I ball my fists keeping myself back.

Ahri then comes from behind, grabbing me by the arm, "Let her finish... please."

Eve then sighs, "He is in a comatose state," the words sting my heart, "Going back to him now wouldn't do anything for him or us. Angel gave us a call as quickly as she could and I know if you saw him right now it would kill you."

"I want to be there Eve... don't you? Do you want to-"

She raises her voice barking at me, "Of course I do!" she quickly gains her composure, she walks to me, resting her hand on my shoulder giving it a squeeze as she talks, "Think about him. If we stopped our trip, if we stayed he will blame himself for us not going to perform on a world stage. The hate he will get from our fans-"

I pull away, I know that is what we should do... but I don't want to.  I feel so lost, I don't know what I should do. I-I-

Collapsing to my knees, I lower my head. Sitting there silently, the tears staining my clothes. 

*** Eve POV ***

Standing outside, tapping my foot against the ground I quickly grow impatient. It has been an hour.... an hour. Where is he? We can not delay the flight any longer. I am almost ready to just go and tell him to get another flight.

I grab my phone calling him again... nothing. This isn't like him. Staring at my phone, I frown. Then a call from of unknown number is displayed on my screen. I instantly decline it and dig my phone back into my pocket.

My phone rings again. Then again. Then again. Finally picking it up I bark, "WHAT!?"

"Evelynn? Thank god you picked up. This is Angel, a friend of (Y/N)."

I quickly return to normal, "Why did you call me?" still annoyed I try to hide it but to no avail.

"I am really sorry but-" I notice how brittle and shakey her tone is, "It's (Y/N). There has been an accident. I am at the hospital right now."

I keep my calm and cool about me, "And? Is he okay? Is it something-"

"I don't know yet. The doctors said he will be fine and he will be in a comatose state for a few weeks. I-I am so sorry! I wish I didn't have to call you-"

I shake my head to myself, "Thank you, Angel," I feel my voice trembling, "I- appreciate it. I will let the rest know."

My hand shakes as I dig it into my pocket. I want to cancel and then we all go and make sure he is alright. To stay by his side but... we can't. We have to go to Shanghai and do this tour. If he wakes up before we are back... what will be worse?

Us not being there for him... or knowing that we lost millions of money. Giving up a chance of a lifetime for someone you meet once a lifetime. What will hurt more? What will hurt us more?

I slam my hand against the wall, regaining my composure I walk inside to tell the girls. Akali is already standing in the corridor, worry all over her face. I break the news and... she took it horribly.

It pained me having to keep her from going to him. Having to say that we have to do this... over taking care of him. But what can we do? He needs to recover.

Akali then drops to her knees, her tears dropping onto the floor and her legs. I lower myself, grabbing onto her shoulder, she pushes it away. Then throwing her arms around my neck she sniffles into my shoulder. Exchanging short breathes, her grip tightens as she cries.

"We will call the doctors when we reach Shanghai. Hear everything for ourselves... okay?" she only nods.

Not being able to muster a word. Tears stream down Ahri's face as I look up at her, she smiles at me. Then turning around, she slides in next to Kai'Sa who... I don't even know or want to think about how is she is dealing with it.

*** Ahri POV ***

Collapsing to her knees, I was ready to be right next to her. But I couldn't move, the aching pain in my heart is pulling me somewhere else. I couldn't act... Eve then lowers herself to be by her side in my stead.

I turn to see Kai'Sa giving me a pained stare, forcing my feet forward, I walk towards her, dropping down next to her, she then asks me, "Is... is it bad?"

I shake my head, "I don't know. I hope so..." I really do.

I was shocked but now I am just being overwhelmed by fear. I am ready to do what I can for him but... what if it won't be enough. We don't know anything...we know nothing.

Kai'Sa scoots closer, grabbing my hand she gives it a squeeze, she smiles, "It will be fine right? With him it always does."

I smile, grateful for her words, "But what if it doesn't?"

Her smile fades, she clears her throat rubbing the corner of her eye, "Then when we can. We will be there for him."

I nod, my heart still aches. I wanted to cry, I wanted to scream but I couldn't. This knot in my chest has built up to my throat. Trying to ask her something all that comes out is... nothing.

Will we even be able to perform? Akali then finally raises herself to her feet, her head hanging between her shoulders she drags her feet as she goes back to her seat. Dropping down, she lifts her knees to her chest holding it close to her. Staring out through the window... her thoughts must be tearing her apart.

Kai'Sa sighs a deep breath, "All we can do right now is move on and keep our hopes high right?" she then turns her face to me, wearing a smile her eyes sparkle as the tears stream down her cheeks, "Right? It wouldn't just end like this? Right?"

I bite down on my tongue, pulling her in closer for a hug, I could only nod. Too afraid to answer her questions... only to be wrong. Holding her embrace, I then look around to find Sera... she moved up from her seat sitting next to Akali.

Resting her head on her shoulder, Sera is probably trying her best to keep her emotions under control. I give her a grateful smile before turning my focus back onto Kai'Sa.