Young Adult Results

Judge: of_her_randomness

DISCLAIMER: 

Please remember that these reviews are the opinions of your judge, not a golden standard. All criticism is constructive and meant to help improve your book.

If you feel your story was judged unfairly, feel free to message the community account.

Stories are judged the same regardless of their number of reads.

SECOND DISCLAIMER:

These stories were judged several weeks ago and may have changed titles, covers, etc. Message the community if this is the case.

5th Place: GRIM REAPER by KatieMC94 

Title: 2/5

Cover: 4/5

Blurb: 6/10

Grammar: 3/10

Spelling and punctuation: 5/10

Creativity/Originality: 2/15

Plot: 1/15

Characters: 1/10

Overall Review: 2/20

Total: 26/100

Notes:

-The title matches the story but gives away a lot of the plot. It doesn't attract a reader very well because it is too plain.

- I loved the cover. The face claims were nice as well. But the one-mark deduction is because the subtitle is difficult to read.

- The blurb is riddled with spelling mistakes and there is a need to place punctuation. For me, the blurb didn't create any pull to read the story.

- There were many run-on sentences, improper tense usage, need for punctuation, and no variation in vocabulary. The problem with having little variation in vocabulary is that it makes the story feel boring. 

- To be honest, I've read lots of books like this. Werewolves, vampires, demons, death, devils, Lucifer, and now the Grim Reaper. They're all very possessive of their mate and treat her like a precious flower. This type of story is popular, but the problem is that it's hard to be original when using this cliche.

- Another point to take into consideration is that the development of the story was much too fast. 

- In my opinion, the characters were not relatable at all. There was no character development, indistinguishable personalities, and cliched portrayal.

- I'm afraid that I did not enjoy this story. I feel it could be improved upon with vast editing. The author could improve the story by describing everyone and everything more (show, not tell), making the characters more unique, and use a thesaurus for word variation.

4th place: A.R Cursed To Return Once Again by Smaravm 

Title: 0/5

Cover: 1/5

Blurb: 0/10

Grammar: 6/10

Spelling and punctuation: 5/10

Creativity/Originality: 15/15

Plot: 1/15