six.

highest in the room

Natural time passed and it wasn't long before word on Marcus' get together got on the street. Well, more like across the country but you know.

A few days after Kyrie received her personal invite from Marcus, she found herself getting ready at her place (for once). Though it didn't seem like much, Kyrie equally distributed her time between Amari and her place for the better of their situation. I mean she didn't mind where she found herself stationed. As long as a certain person was by her side when at either house, then she didn't take her location into account. Home is where the heart is and Kyrie knew that this person unknowingly stole her own a few years back. So wherever they were then that's where Kyrie classified as home.

And home just so happened to mainly be at Amari's house.

With discrete silence consuming the house, light symphonies softly cruised through the room. There was a presence in a slumber so Kyrie had to minimise her volume. Despite this, Kyrie openly hummed the sullen lyrics as she sat by her vanity adjusting her appearance. She wasn't planning on doing either too much or too little. According to those around her, whatever the young woman did in terms of fashion and style always came through as balanced and equal. And so all and all, Kyrie was always at her personalised best and never gave any less. Yes, she was a perfectionist but not to impress the eye of the beholder.

Along with the mixture of mumble singing and cleaning up her appearance, Kyrie had her phone stood up on the far side of her vanity so she could Facetime a friend of hers. Upon laying down the last blond wave with a tail comb, she let out a minor exhale as she let her arms fall to her sides. "So how is everything over there?"

"Everything's good I guess," Timo replied, running his fingers through his hair. He wasn't facing his camera as his focus was fixated on his PS5 while online. "I'm getting decent playing time for being new and the boys are nice to me so that's nice. You're coming over soon, right?"

Kyrie laughed at the pleading look and tone he gave. She nodded with a small grin across her lips. "I believe so. I have to head to London for a few things. Handle you, Kai, Reece and I'm also going to visit a few of the girls. I'm not sure when so I'll have to check." She glanced at her phone screen with a teasing look, tilting her head slightly as her brow curved up. "Why? You miss me already?" The young woman found almost too much enjoyment in teasing the player who she soon claimed as almost a family member. One, she could point out anything to get on Timo's nerves; two, Timo never dared to tease her anyway because she wouldn't allow it.

He waved off her comment. "Is it that much of a surprise? You know—Kai, what did I just say? Go left! What do you mean your left? My left is your left! We're looking at the same screen, idiot!" Timo exclaimed as he adjusted his headset.

"The same old bullshit," Kyrie shook her head as she let free a breezy laugh. She wasn't surprised by Timo and Kai's playful banter as she had grown used the two's antics during her time in Germany. They too knew Kyrie awfully too well that they would carry their banter to her place to interrupt the solace established in her apartment. "Do you want me to leave you two alone?"

"Nah, it was just dealing with Kai who doesn't know his left from his right." There were light mummers on the other side of the line before Timo continued as he spun in his gamer's chair. "Also, he says hi."

"Likewise."

"Like I was saying, I expected you to give me more attention with us apart. If it's not me, then who? Your girl band, or a guy?" Timo leaned closer towards his phone before whispering, "I feel like it's a guy."

"It's neither, to be honest," Kyrie shrugged as she handled a necklace between her fingers. "I just saw all of the girls recently and I'm not seeing anyone right now."