The Kiss Cam

"Chambers with the quaffle... and ooooh a nice tip over to Bradley! Flint flanking, attempting a steal— damn! Hit hard in the face by a bludger, nice one Ellis! Hope that hurts— oh, sorry Professor McGonagall. Only joking. Chang in a dive! Is that the Snitch?"

The Quidditch pitch was absolutely electric. Every student— Ravenclaw, Slytherin, or otherwise— were on their feet as they watched the game. It was Ravenclaw versus Slytherin and they were the two teams currently leading with a tie for the House Cup. This match would settle the leader until the next game between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff.

Everyone, regardless of the colour they wore, was watching the match intensely. Even though these two teams were leading, the point differences between the four houses weren't very far apart at all. Everyone had a stake here, and the Gryffindors and Hufflepuff had also picked their sides.

Lee Jordan's voice rang loud and clear throughout the stadium as Madam Hooch zoomed across the air like a falcon seeking its prey. "Foul! That's a foul! Crabbe had his hand in Chang's broomtails. We have a blagging, everyone!"

There was thunderous applause and cheers from the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor spectators while boos echoed loudly from the Slytherins. The Hufflepuffs clapped gently. They all watched from the large magical screens as Madam Hooch beckoned for Vincent Crabbe to dismount from his broom for a quick chat as it was his fifth foul. The boy refused (or perhaps he didn't know how to dismount, piped Lee) and all of Hogwarts saw Madam Hooch's eyes narrow into slits before she raised a red card from within her pockets.

"What's this? Crabbe is out of the game! I repeat: Crabbe. Is out. Of. The game! Slytherin in need of a substitute beater!" Lee's voice rang jovially throughout the air. "Who happens to currently be residing in the hospital wing due to a broken leg!"

It was pandemonium. There were screams and cheers and boos and clapping. The screen even showed Professor Snape walking out from the opening at the base of the professors' stand, black cape billowing behind him and a scowl on his face as per usual, no doubt to talk to the referee. All Quidditch players were frozen in mid-air until Madam Hooch blew her whistle twice and gestured for all of them to descend.

"That's a time-out! Slytherins need to sort their shi— er, I mean, priorities out! Either they heed the referee's call or they forfeit! Stay tuned, everyone."

-~-~-~-

Up in the north-facing Quidditch stands, Hermione sat down on the bench with a wild smile on her face. There were Gryffindors and Ravenclaws all around her and everyone was in a celebratory mood. This match, which started out neck and neck with one goal after the other shared between the two teams, was finally looking to be in Ravenclaw's favour.

"It looks like you're enjoying this game much more than Gryffindor's," she heard from above. She looked up to see Harry gazing down at her with a grin on his face. She laughed and grabbed onto his arm to drag him down to sit on the bench next to her.

"How would you know?" She inquired with a raised eyebrow. "You're always out there, flying."

He playfully hummed and nudged her shoulder. "I hear things from Ron, Ginny, and the others. Apparently, you're always worried!"

"I'm only worried you'll get hurt," Hermione replied as she returned his nudge. "Don't forget that every year since you started playing, you almost always do," she added with a pointed glare.

Harry could only chuckle. "Your heart must be weak with worry then. You never miss any of Gryffindor's matches."

"And my heart will continue to grow weak since I would never miss any of your matches," she quipped.