Part 1: Meeting One Another

I ruffled my fur against the sudden cool wind. I'm surprised it made it this far into the woods, or at least I was until I saw the trail ahead. I must've wondered off a little farther than I thought.

As I was turning to go back, something caught my eye. It looked like a girl... a little girl with very bright clothing. Knowing the dangers that lerk in the woods they would find her easily.

I started to run towards her, stopping at the edge of the woods. I've never been past the woods before in all of my life... I wonder what it's like.

I put a paw on the dirt road that felt so unfamiliar. I know what dirt feels like, but this dirt felt different in a way. Weird.

Getting my footing on the new terrain, I quickly and quietly made my way to the girl.

**(Switch POV)**

I was watching the birds as I walked toward the forest. I was going to sign to the Town of Law to sign up with the guild so I could become stronger, and protect my home.

Suddenly, I tripped in a fairly large rock, distracted by my thoughts. The abrupt fall caused some of the items in my bag to fly out and scatter everywhere. As I stood up, brushing off the dirt, I struggled to find some of the smaller objects. As I gathered everything together, I ran into something. I look up, shocked to Find it was someone. It was a small Fox pup.

I was frozen in place, as I wasn't expecting anyone to be out here. He was staring at me curiously, and I was returning the look. "Uh... s-sorry. I'm sorry..." I spoke rapidly, stuttering on my words.

He tilted his head at me, which also confused me. He wouldn't say anything, which made me self-conscious. Oh gosh, he probably thinks I'm annoying. I backed up a bit, nervously. "S-sorry..." I said sheepishly before continuing to walk. "B-bye..." I said, slowly walking away.

He runs back over to me and suddenly says, "Wait, Wait, Wait, waaiit! Where you going?"

"Um... I don't really know." I replied quietly. The forest was a mystery to me....

"Then at least let me come with you. The forest is very dangerous, you know." He stated matter-of-factly. I wasn't sure how to reply. I wasn't used to friends. Or anyone my age for that matter.

He didn't say anything more, but simply walked along side me as I continued on.