Part 2: Through the Woods

I watch the girl out of the corner of my eye as I scan over the forest. Luck has been in our favor so far. as we haven't run in to any of the dangers... yet. I didn't nessicerily like this quietness when I was with someone else, so I decided to try my paw at striking a conversation. "Sorry I didn't tell you eailer, but my name's Sly. If you dont mind me asking, may I know your name?" I ask, looking up at her.

She looked at me then looked away. She mumered something under her breath but I couldn't make it out. "So I guess thats a no?" I ask, knowing I wasn't going to get an answer.

She looked back at me and shook her hed franticaly. "N-no, wait i men yes, no I mean..." Sighing heavily, she stopped talking.

Feeling akward again, I stare at the ground. I kick a rock that came across my path and it landed in the bushes on the othersdie of the girl, making her jump. "You sure are a scardy cat miss."

The girl responds only by looking to the ground. "Okay then, I guess I'll just be quiet then... or i can just keep talking to you even though you dont want to talk to me. How bout that?" I glance up at her hoping for a responce, but of course getting none.

**Switch POV**

The fox pup kept talking to me, and I didn't know what to do. I never talked to anyone unless I knew them well enough. I felt bad, for not responding to his questions, but I didn't know how to.

I learned to keep myself preserved and isolated , because no one cared what I had to say anyways.

As the fox kept talking, I kept trying to reply, but failed every time.

He suddenly stops. "Wait! Be quiet, I heard something. Sheesh miss chatter box, I'm trying to listen." He attempted at a joke.

I almost giggled, but that wasn't like me, so I offered a slight smile. The fox motioned for me to stay where I was, as he walked to the side of the path to check the bushes.

He seemed to be very concentrated, so I decided to help him out. He suddenly turned toward me and motioned for me to stay back.

There was a rustling sound coming from the bush in front of him, so he quietly moved to the side, as if stalking the bush.

Just as he was getting close to touching it, I tensed up, waiting for the monster to pop out.

Suddenly, a little black ball popped out of the bush, and I jumped back. I would have screamed, if I didn't have my hand in my mouth from being nervous.

I was shaking as I walked away, ready to run. The fox pup started laughing hysterically, and took the ball in his paws. "It was just a bunny, don't need to all go and have a heartattck cause of this carrot monster."

I frowned at my stupidity, and half-smiled at his second attempt at a joke.

"Ah-ha! I got a smile! Yes!" He dropped the bunny and it hopped across the road to the opposite side. "But really, we should get going, don't wanna stay in the same place for too long."

I nodded and followed him as he made his way down the path again. "Violet." I practically whispered. He turns around with a surprised look on his face and says, "Wait what? You spoke! Oh my grass!"

I half-smiled again, and kept walking. "What's violet? Did you see flowers or something? I didn't see any flowers, do you see ghost flowers. Oh my grass that'd be so cool!" He rambled on excitedly.

I didn't know if he was joking, or actually being serious. I felt a bit sorry for him if he was being legitimately serious, but if not, this was finally a pretty funny joke.

I giggled a bit, for the first time in what felt like years. "Ah-ha! I made you laugh! Yes! Another score! But no really, what's violet?"

I decided to tell him my last name as well. So he would atleast get another hint at what I was saying. "Rose." I said. He kind of went crazy at this point. "Where! Oh my grass I've never seen a rose before! Where? Where!?" He exclaimed.

"Violet Rose." I whispered.

"Violet roses! I didn't know they came in that color! I wanna see!" He was freaking out, and I must admit I found it quite amusing. "You asked for my name, and I told you."

He looked around, confused for a second. "So there's no roses?" He asked a little disappointed. Then he perked up suddenly. "Oh my grass, your name's Violet Rose? That's such a beautiful name." He said dreamily.

I was a bit flattered, but again, this was a fox pup. "Nice to meet you, Sly." I said shyly.

He stands up on his hind legs. As he stepped forward he bagan to morph into a boy. A human-looking boy, with fox ears and his big fluffly tail. He held out his hand. "Nice to meet you too Violet."

I was shocked and surprised, and I didn't know how to react. I'd never seen anything like this. Despite the fact that I had been in the demon world, the morphing thing was new to me.