Part 3: The Edge

I should have morphed earlier. Violet's reaction was down right historical. Her wide violet eyes. I get why she was named that. Her eyes were gorgeous.

It was funny, yes, but it was starting to get a little awkward with the silence and starring. I pulled back my out streached hand to scratch my head. Stupid fleas. "So Violet, since you're talking can you tell me where we're going?"

"We?" She asked.

I shrug my shoulders. "Yeah. I said I was going with you. Getting tiered of the greenery anyway."

"Oh, okay. To the City of Law." She replied.

Still didn't know where that was or even what a city was. She must be making up words now. "Oh okay." I say nodding my head. "Yeah, let's go." Now she has to show me what this 'City' is.

I morph back to a fox to start walking again. "You coming?" I call back to Violet, who was just standing there staring at me.

*SWITCH POV*

I couldn't stop staring at Sly. I still could not wrap my mind around his shape-shifting, it was just so different than what I was used to.

"Oh my grass! Violet! It's the edge if the forest!" Sly called excited from a little ways ahead.

I was confused on why he was so excited, we still had a few more miles to walk. "Yes... it is."

"I didn't know the forest ended!" He exclaimed, nearly squeaking. "Come on Violet, you gotta see this!"

I hurried my pace a little to catch up with the overwhelmed fox pup. When I got over the rise that had been hiding Sly from my sight, I had to stop. Sly was not alone.