Rise, Sister II/II

To be honest, if I had known all those years ago that this is where her life would end up, I might have just killed that little girl. I spent my own life for the last forty some years protecting her. In madness and ego I may have done her harm along the way, but never had intentions to kill like this.

Before setting up that date, before having one last night, not unlike we did years ago before a different betrayal, I had made up my mind. Soon I would completely, and permanently undo the work of Selaphiel the Arch Prophet, just to bring her back.

There was but one alternative, besides doing nothing at all. And this was what I had to offer to the room. Three Winchesters, three brave and bold guardians of the earth stood around the war table with me, waiting for my thoughts. Not a word had been spoken since we returned from Arkansas. Hard as she tried to pick my brain, I needed to wait for the full council.

"Ok, Cas, you got us here...what's up?" Sam nudged the conversation to start.

I hesitated, finding it difficult to let words come that would go against my every instinct.
"What's up is...you're right. You're all right. And I have to do...what I have to do..."
I could feel Hazel just burning into me from the side with those eyes, though I dared not look into them again.

"And...?" Dean urged. My dear friend's face showed the same reluctant resolve I had.

"And tomorrow at high noon, the Seer will die, one way or another," I couldn't even say her name.

Confused slightly but still intently listening, they all subtly leaned in further.
"High noon?" Dean repeated.

"Its when her power is strongest, and it's when the spell is meant to be performed," I explained.

"..my power? What does that have to do with anything?" Hazel spoke up anxiously, exchanging the same puzzled look with her brothers.

I sighed deeply, pushing the sweet ringing of her voice out of my head.
"We have...two choices. Neither of which include her living. One, she is sacrificed to resurrect Selaphiel and pray that she can help."

"And the other..?" Sam asked.

"I turn her into a bomb," I said tightly.

Stunned blinking and backsteps all around were the reaction.
"A bomb?" Dean repeated me again.

"Yes."

"A bomb? he said again.

"Yes Dean!" I snapped, then sighed again, "There is a...procedure in the Seer Tablet. I can push the power of the Seer to full blast. Siphon energy from the earth.. Enough energy to blow a continent off the map...or more..." I watched their expressions widen, "The Seer would not survive, but if directed in a timely fashion at Amara, it could very well destroy her."

"You were just gonna keep that a secret!?" Hazel chided. I ignored her.

They were silent, either stunned by the idea or contemplating it, I didn't know.
"It's risky but potentially more effective so...I ask you all...what do you want to do?"

"You...you want us to vote? Dean inferred.

I nodded stiffly. "Whichever you choose, the outcome is uncertain, but I will do either. "

"Hazey?" Dean asked of her gently.

She shook her head solemnly.
"Took risky."

"Sam?" I asked

The tallest Winchester was hesitant.
"We got no way of knowing if either plan would work...but at least Selaphiel won't blow up half the planet."