"you love him." "I know"

Three weeks passed since that conversation. For the week after that, I called him when I woke up. He called me before a show, then before he got back to either the bus or hotel, depending on which he was staying in.

Progressively, we stopped facetiming. It was too much of a hassle and he couldn’t make it work. Very few texts were sent since we have so much to say to each other. So calling was deemed the most effective means of communication.

8:00 AM on the dot. Every morning. I would call. Lately, he doesn't answer.

Ring ring ring.

Ring ring ring.

Ring ring ring.

Click- Hey, its Luke. I can't come to the phone right now. You know what to do.

“Hey Luke, its Fleur. I’m sick having to get a hold of you through Ashton, seeing as he is the most readily available. I’m fed up, I see the tabloids. The way you’ve led two girls on this month. Can't you slow down? Call me back when you’ve got some decency. Yes, I’m still coming in a week, if you even care. It so sad that in a matter of weeks, Ash has been a better friend than you and we met in the first grade. Bye, Luke.” I spit his name like poison into the phone, pressing the end call button. I’m absolutely fuming by this point.

*To Ash* Hey, could you let Luke know I’ve called?

*From Ash* Sure sweetie, I’m sorry about that.

*To Ash* Its no ones fault but his. I’ve seen that Calum is doing it too.

*From Ash* I know, I know. You’ll work this out.

*To Ash* I sure hope so.

*~*~*

I had never readily pursued stories and reports of 5 Seconds Of Summer or Luke but after that phone call, I did. Two stories stuck out to me with picture of his ex girlfriends all over him and he reciprocating but dropping them a few days after. Jesus, even Calum is doing. He probably hasn’t called because he knows I wont stand for that.

*From Ash* Dont get too mad. He’s calling now.

*To Ash* Shit, he’s never seen angry like this before.

Ring ring ring.

Ring ring ring.

Beep- Hello, its Fleur Elliot. How can I help you?

“Uh hey Fleur. Its Luke.” He says haltingly.

“Yes. How can I help you?” I say, all business.

“I got your message. I’m glad you’re coming to see me next week.” He says and I begin to feel warm. I cut myself off by clearing my throat.

“I’m not coming for you. By the time I get there, you’ll be in the process of breaking another heart so you wont have time for me.” I say bitterly.

“I-I dont know what you’re talking about Fleur. They just weren’t right for me.” He says shakily.

“Oh cut the shit Luke. I know who you’re trying to be. Its terrible dude. Terrible.” I trail and let the silence speak for me and echo my harsh words.

“I’m sorry.” He says, and I can hear him ruffling around, most likely playing with his fringe like he does in nervous habit.

“No you aren’t.” I say and press the end call button.

Ring ring ring.

Ring ring ring.

Ring ring ring

Click- Hello. You’ve reached Fleur Elliot. I cant come to the phone right now so leave a message and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks. Bye.

“Hey Fleur. Its Luke. I’m sorry. I really am. I should have known better than to think you wouldn't say harsh things once you found out what was going on. I’m sorry. So, so sorry.”

I shake my head and my eyes well up with tears. Angry, jealous tears. I dont know why either.

The voice in my head sets it straight for me.

‘You love him.’

My first and only response is “I know.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sorry this is so short. I'm not geting very much encourgement :-( If you like this story, let me know by voting and commenting <3