day two

When everyone woke up the next day, they didn't even notice that Toni was back and leaning against Martha. Everyone just couldn't get over how fucking cold it was first thing in the morning.

"Fatin... FATIN" Dot shouted, whilst roughly shaking Fatin who literally was sleeping like the dead.

Fatin jolted awake, and turned grumpily to face the anxious girl. She wasn't the only one who was annoyed at Dot, as now the whole camp was rudely awakened and staring blearily at Dot. Shelby whistled slowly, characteristically a morning person.

"Damn, everyone, if looks could kill." She grinned, welcoming a warm smile from Martha. Toni refrained hard from rolling her eyes or scoffing, as she knew she couldn't lose Martha at a time like this.

"You're back. Where did you head off to last night then?" Dot asked, starting to stand up from her makeshift bed.

Ava rested on her stomach, staring intently at Toni. "she went for a wank, it's obvious guys." She smirked as she saw the annoyance brew in her eyes.

Fatin burst out laughing, and Nora too surprisingly. Ava chuckled too at her own joke, but she met eyes with a disdainful Rachel.

"I'm heading up the mountains. Texas, you went up there yesterday, I want you to come with me." Rachel announced, and then faced away from Ava specifically. "Any volunteers?"

Toni studied Ava's expression as Rachel excluded her. To anybody else, she'd seem unbothered. She simply rolled over slightly to stare at the ocean, the remnants of her smile lingering on her lips. Toni looked closer, and saw someone who almost seemed used to it. You know, used to being forgotten about. Toni itched to know what it was, the thought intruding on her usually monotonous brain. The fear just held her back from entertaining it.

"I'll come, if you want..." Nora ventured, gazing up at her sister as if she was God herself. Leah and Shelby had gathered next to Rachel, catching cans of diet coke from Dot.

"No offence, Nora, I feel like you'll slow us down." Rachel shrugged, before striding off in the direction of the tallest mountain in the distance. Ava breathed a sigh of relief- the Jesus freak, the weird girl and the bossy girl would be gone for at least an hour.

Shelby exchanged a look with Leah, and the two followed. None of the remaining six girls envied them. Nor did they get a moment of peace.

"Let's see this suitcase then, Fatin." Dot spoke out, grabbing the pale pink suitcase from near Fatin. Fatin raised her eyebrows slightly, as if she trying to hold back a laugh. Ava was puzzled, and tried to exchange a look with Nora who wasn't even emotionally present at that moment. Ava sort of felt bad for her, but at least she had somebody, even if her somebody resented her and pushed her away at every given opportunity.

The two girls sifted through the rabbit hole that was Fatin's suitcase. Occasionally, Fatin would distract her and grab a watch or some earrings for herself. Ava could respect that - Fatin was only looking out for herself. Dot pulled out pack of condoms, birth control and curling wand, much to everyone's amusement. Fatin grabbed the birth control pills and counted off how many pills were remaining on the packet.

"Day 15. Let's hope we're out of here by day 21, I do not want to be on my period in this hellhole." She grumbled, tucking the pills in her pocket.

"You think anyone's on theirs right now?" Dot thought out loud, and they both scanned the other four girls briefly.

"Hey Nora," Ava butt in, "your sister was acting like it before." she shook her head slightly, reminiscing on the treatment she received from Rachel about five minutes ago.