Cancer (f) x Scorpio (m)

'Breath in and out. You'll do great' Cancer prepared herself for the interview at the local cafe. Cancer walked to the wooden doors and pushed them open. A bell tinkled above the doors.

"Hi, welcome to Aunt Annie's Cafe" A deep, bored voice said. Cancer glanced up to meet grey eyes staring back at her.

"Yeah uh...Hi, Can I speak to the manger?" The mysterious male looked at her confused.

"Oh sorry, I'm here for the job opening that was posted on the window" The dark-haired male pointed to the direction of a long hallway. Cancer walked down it and knocked three times on a hard wooden door.

"Come in"

⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢

Scorpio was extremely bored. So bored in fact he started to organized the cash register. He heard the familiar tinkling of the small golden bell that hung above the door.

"Hi, welcome to Aunt Annie's Cafe" Scorpio spoke in a bored tone. His grey orbs met beautiful honey eyes. 

"Yeah uh...Hi, Can I speak to the manger?" Scorpio looked at her confused. She was utterly beautiful. Her chestnut brown hair flowed down her back in waves and-

'Stop thinking about her' Scorpio silently scolded himself

"Oh sorry, I'm here for the job opening that was posted on the window" The chestnut beauty looked at the floor. He  pointed to the direction of a long hallway. She slowly walked down it like if there was something bad waiting at the end of the hallway.

⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢

"Congrats, you got the job dear and call me Annie" Mrs- I mean Annie shook Cancer's hand. She internally squealed.

"Thank you, Mrs. Mc- Annie" She smiled. Annie seemed like your stereotypical grandmother. She smelled like cookies and had a motherly smile. 

"Well you should be a better employee than my grandson, Scorpio" Annie laughed. 

'Her grey eyes  seemed oddly familiar' Cancer dully noted

"Speaking of that trouble maker, where is he?" Annie furrowed her eyebrows "Scorpio" she hollered

Scorpio emerged from the back room, a hint of annoyance evident on his face until his gaze fell upon Cancer. For a moment, time seemed to slow as their eyes locked, the air charged with an unspoken connection.

"Ah, there you are, Scorpio," Annie exclaimed, breaking the momentary spell. "This is Cancer, our newest recruit."

Scorpio tore his gaze away reluctantly, offering a curt nod in greeting. "Welcome to Aunt Annie's Cafe," he murmured, his tone softening slightly.

Cancer felt a flutter in her chest at the sound of his voice, and she returned his nod with a shy smile. There was something intriguing about Scorpio, something that drew her in despite his aloof demeanor.

"Scorpio will show you the ropes," Annie continued, oblivious to the silent exchange between her grandson and the new employee. "I'm sure you'll make a great team."As the day progressed, Cancer found herself drawn to Scorpio's quiet strength and hidden depths. Despite his initial coolness, she sensed a warmth beneath the surface, a vulnerability he tried to conceal.

Scorpio, in turn, found himself captivated by Cancer's gentle nature and genuine kindness. She brought a lightness to his world, a brightness that he hadn't realized was missing until now.

As they worked side by side, their interactions grew more comfortable, the initial awkwardness melting away to reveal a budding friendship tinged with something deeper.

And as the days turned into weeks, and the weeks into months, their bond only strengthened, blossoming into a love that neither of them could deny.

In the cozy confines of Aunt Annie's Cafe, amidst the scent of freshly brewed coffee and warm cinnamon rolls, Scorpio and Cancer found solace in each other's presence, their love story unfolding like a perfectly brewed cup of tea - steeped in patience, flavored with sweetness, and destined to leave a lingering warmth long after the last sip was savored.