𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓶𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓼 (Levi x Reader)

𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓶𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓼 Levi x Reader
Type: Angst :))))))

The reader is going to be referred to with They/them in this chapter!

It all seemed to happen in slow motion.

Everything. From the Captain's breathing, the Titan's movements as it held you tightly in it's grasp. The way how no matter how much you screamed, kicked, and tried to free yourself, you were still tightly secured in the monster's hand.

All Levi could hear was you calling out to him as tears pricked your (e/c) eyes which were wide open in terror.

"I DON'T WANT TO DIE!"

Levi fell to his knees, feeling completely helpless. Your blood splattered everywhere as the 12 meter Titan brutally ripped your body in half, swallowing down your lower half as your upper half laid partially from it's mouth before tilting it's head backwards and swallowing the rest of you in one go.

You blood stained the monster's teeth, lips, and the ground below. The Titan than looked towards the short, shell shocked captain who watched everything go down in horror.

It tilted its head at Levi, as if trying to taunt him.

It's freaky face adored a creepy, wide smile as it screeched before turning around and walking off.

Levi finally shook from his shock as it finally settled in.

"GIVE THEM BACK YOU BASTARD!" he shouted as his grip on his blades tightened, his jaw clenched as his blood boiled.

He quickly shot off towards the Titan walking away as he used his ODM gear to get closer to the humanoid creature that decided to take you from him.

In a blink of an eye, living up to his title, has sliced through the Titan's nape, effectively taking down the Titan. The lifeless creature fell to the ground with a loud thud, shaking it slightly. But Levi couldn't register it.

He couldn't register anything.

All that he could think about how in your last moments, you shouted out to him, pleading for his help as you knew it was your end.

He just stood there!

He could've saved you!

Some Humanity's strongest soldier he was.

Couldn't even save those who he held dear to him.

If only he had made you recheck your ODM gear. If only he hadn't been such a coward. If only...

Maybe if he had tried harder to push you away...

No.

He knows deep down he couldn't. No matter how much his rationality and brain screamed at him to just push you away. To make sure you didn't get close to him.

Yet he couldn't.

His heart and selfish desires stopped him. He had convinced himself that all would be fine as long as he would protect you. Yet the moment that you needed him the most, he did nothing.

-----------

He sat in his office, his pale hands gripping onto the last thing of yours he could have. A least for the time being as he still didn't have the guys to step anywhere near your room.

Your green cloak was the only thing left. It had fallen off and was peacefully swaying on a tree branch near where you had been forcefully and inhumanely been stripped from the world.

From his world.

The soft material was still filled with your scent. All Levi could do was week harder behind close doors, never being able to come to terms with your death. Nobody could.

The entire Survey Corps was heavily affected by your death. Nothing was the same. Whether the other soldiers knew you personally or just knew of you, everyone still couldn't come to terms with your disappearance. For those who didn't know you, they still felt sympathy towards the ones who did.

Especially towards Hange, Eren, and Levi. Those three took it the hardest.

Hange, who was like a sibling to you, wasn't nearly as happy and energetic as before. They always locked themselves away in their lab, wanting nothing more than to destroy the monstrous species that took you away from everyone. They almost never sleep and often passed out from pure exhaustion.

Eren, who was like a little brother to you, felt as though it was his fault for not being able to protect you. He thought it was your fault since you had thrown yourself at the Titan to ensure his safety. He relentlessly trained, and ignored his friend's pleas to take breaks. He needed to get stronger to make sure nobody else's life would be lost.

And Levi.

Oh Levi.

He never left his office. He skipped out in meals, instead opting to just filling out paperwork, cleaning places that was already spotless, overworking himself in training or just anything really. His already little to nothing sleep schedule was even worse. It came to the point where either Erwin had to knock Levi out just so he could sleep for an hour maybe before waking up and continuing to work, or Hange who would sneak a sleeping remedy in his tea.

Levi wanted nothing more than to hear your laugh again. To see you smile. At him. To see you. To be able to hold you again after a long day. To rant to you about his cadets' incapablity to clean. To hear you go on about things that you were passionate about.

He needed to feel you warm, welcoming, gentle and reassuring embrace after a nightmare about his old squad mates and old, fallen comrades and friends.

He needed you.

He wished this was all just some sick joke. Just some...

Nightmare.

word count: 923

:))))))) how was this? I hope it wasn't too bad...