ㅤ▬▬ 𝟖.𝟏

▬▬ 𝕺nce the sun woke up from its slumber, the sun's glorious rays covered every corner of the 40th floor

▬▬ 𝕺nce the sun woke up from its slumber, the sun's glorious rays covered every corner of the 40th floor. Its blinding rays prompted the residents to awaken from their slumber and start out their day. Hockney was one of the few residents that woke up early instead of sleeping in. However, he didn't wake up early to finish the day early instead; he woke up early for his departure.

Currently, the pale man was outside. His signature blue fluffy coat hugged his form with warmth, whilst his left hand clutched onto his baggage and his right hand holding onto the lantern.

As for his uniquely designed eyes, they longingly stared at the horizon. Although the freshly made azure skies above him weren't the real deal. It still did the trick of calming down his nerves.

Was he nervous? He won't lie, he is nervous. The painter is literally gambling his life away to the unknown with no precise numbers for his victory. At this point, he is relying on his luck to guide him to his soul. Which is probably a bad idea.

A sigh left his lips. His doubts relentlessly remind him it's not too late to turn back. His body is even itching to go back into the covers because it was cold as hell, despite him already wearing a thick coat.

"David, calm down." He reassured himself out loud, which cost him some passersby, raising eyebrows at his actions but continued on with their day.

"You're scared, I know that. But, your soul isn't complete so you aren't completely scared, right?" The rushed words of reassurement made him facepalm. What was he trying to say in the first place?

"The fuck am I trying to say?"

For a moment, his eyes widened, followed by a chuckle. He didn't expect to pick up Y/N's habit of cussing.

Speaking of her, has she woken up yet? Hopefully, she hasn't woken up yet. He wouldn't want her to walk in on his terrible attempt at talking to himself. He isn't inside the house but he's sort of loitering on the porch, while epically failing to reassure his anxious self.

Since he didn't want to risk the blacksmith walking in on him, trying to reassure his anxious self. He headed to the hell train platform, but at a slow pace.