Chapter 33

When the garbage truck rolled into the lair, April waited in the hanger with Splinter. However, instead of them immediately launching into the questions behind Shredder's disappearance the eldest brother expressed something else that had been on his mind since the adrenaline wore off,

"What on earth were you doing among their ranks?"

The thief sighed as she followed Raphael and Michelangelo out the back. "Before you start to chew me out, hear me out first," Momo said.

The blue turtle nodded. He owed her that much since the human hadn't given them a reason to distrust her.

"I was walking by the docks coming back from an acquaintance's place when I saw them. I slipped inside to scout the area to see what they were up to and became cornered by a ninja in the warehouse. I had no choice but to take him down, which is what unfortunately got me mixed up within the Foot Clan. They decided to move out and if I didn't fill his place all of them would've noticed the empty bike and thought something was up. So I stole their helmet, armor, and bike to infiltrate their ranks. I didn't have an opportunity to call you since I still wasn't exactly sure what they were up to."

"But you weren't injured by anything we did, right?" Michelangelo asked.

"No, I avoided you all. Though Raphael nearly tackled me when he came out the back of the truck like that."

"Didn't know it was you," the red turtle muttered.

The thief shrugged her shoulders. "Not your fault."

"What you did was extremely dangerous," Leonardo scolded. "You could've been hurt."

"And that would've been my own fault. But it's not like we've gone up against each other in the past when you thought I was the enemy."

"Yeah, in hand-to-hand combat or with handheld weapons. But we had a truck."

"One that I helped build and knew what to expect. I took my chances." And looking at Donatello said, "It looks like it performed well out there."

"Definitely," he answered, giving a thumbs up. "There are a few calibrations that still need some work, but it was a good test run."

"Limited damage?"

"Uh... well..." He scratched the back of his head as the youngest left their company swiftly behind the young woman. "We took one heavy hit."

That greatly confused Momo. Sure, there was that blast to the front that probably required new tires to be safe, but what else needed their attention?

"I'll show you."

Following after the turtle everything appeared intact. However, as Donatello climbed into the driver's seat and pressed a button the side panels opened for the large metal arms to unfold. Only there was a slight problem. Momo's jaw dropped open in shock, staring at what remained, while Donatello scratched the back of his head guiltily.

"Yeah... Mikey got a little carried away and had an accident." She gave him a disbelieving look. "They're somewhere scattered on the highway under an overpass they got caught on."

The thief pinched the bridge of her nose letting out a heavy sigh, "My poor baby..."

"Sorry, Momo!" Michelangelo called from the living room. She waved him off, unable to be mad at the youngest turtle for doing his job.

"I can start looking into the damages tomorrow. Make an inventory list on what needs to be replaced and what's missing."

"Sounds good." The two went to leave the garage to follow after the group. The purple turtle noticed a bruise beginning to form along the human's jawline. "That looks painful."