Suicidal Thoughts

Another request from shesdressedinyellow , grab your tissues and anti-depressants. This is a mega long one (4800 words) Enjoy!
_____________________
Trigger Warning ⚠️

"All my life I been considered as the worst..."

Toni sat at her vanity doing a last minute makeup check before it was time to leave. She straightened the diamond necklace on her neck before smiling at herself.

"You look beautiful baby." Kenny said coming into their bedroom.

She turned to face him, "Thank you. You look handsome as always." She said before he pecked her lips.

"Thanks. Is Kris ready?" He asked of their daughter.

"I'm not sure. Let me check." Toni said getting up. She walked out of the room and across the hall to their daughter's room.

She couldn't help the sigh that escaped her when she passed by the room next to it. Shaking it off, she knocked on the door.

"Kristina? Are you ready?" She asked through the door.

On the other side, Kristina dusted the white powder off her nose before stuffing the left over residue into a small plastic bag.

"Yeah mom, just a second." She said closing the bag and putting it inside her purse. Doing a once over in the mirror, she opened the door.

"Don't you look beautiful..."Toni said before noticing something on Kristina's neck, "You're wearing her necklace." She breathed out.

Kristina looked away, "I can take it off-"

"No. It looks nice. Come on."

Kenny stood at the door as they descended down the stairs. His heart stung a bit seeing only one of his daughters. He pushed out a smile.

"There are my beauty queens." He complimented.

"Thanks dad." Kristina said as he held the door for them to walk out.

•••••••

"Mr. Grant this is my beautiful wife Toni. Toni this Mr. Grant one of our top investors." Kenny introduced. This cocktail party was very important for his job. If he secured more money from Mr. Grant, he'd get a promotion.

Toni stuck her hand out, "Nice to meet you."

"Likewise." The old man said shaking it.

"Our daughter Kristina is somewhere around here." Kenny said looking around.

Mr. Grant smiled, "How are her studies at Harvard?"

Toni and Kenny looked at each other. Toni looked away as Kenny spoke up.

"Umm...that's Karina. She passed away before she got to start her freshman year." He said somberly.

"My goodness. I'm so sorry."

"It's fine. They're twins, so people get them confused."

Mr. Grant nodded as an eerie silence fell over them. Toni spoke up.

"I'll umm, go find Kristina." She said before walking away.

Kristina sat in the bathroom stall snorting another line of coke. She tried her best to avoid her parents and their friends all night. She didn't want to play nice and be on her best behavior. She didn't want them asking personal questions. She wanted to be left alone.